Working abroad - post visa issue

maadams2004

Hello to all:

I have yet to file for a visa for my fiancee. However, I intend to file for a K1 visa in November. I also plan to use an immigration lawyer. I have a pretty good feel for how the K1 works from what I've read. But my situation kind of complicates things. My fiancee is currently living in the Dominican Republic.

I work for the U.S. government and I'm due to take an assignment overseas in Germany as part of my official duties. I'm anticipating the K1 process will be finished when I'm in Germany. Now, say this happens, I get notification that the visa is approved, I fly to the Dominican Republic and bring my fiancee and her two daughters to the U.S; we get married. Now I understand that she is not supposed to leave the country without permission (my understanding of this area is still a bit murky). Is it feasible that that she, now as my wife, can join me in Germany as I am working there on orders from the U.S. government? I haven't seen a situation like this on the boards. Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or has any advice on how I could tackle this potential problem.

Keep in mind we don't ever plan to live in the Dominican Republic. I'm simply on assignment overseas. The assignment will probably last about two years. Once complete, I will be returning to a stateside station.

I essentially want to, upon receiving the visa, pick her up from the Dominican Republic, fly home to the U.S. and immediately get married, then fly off to Germany, back to work with my family in tow.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.