work with H1B for my own LLC

danielf3

Registered Users (C)
I want to create an LLC and request an H1B to let me work for it.

I have an universitary degree and extensive managing experience.

Can someone help me to sumarize the requirements and considerations to be taken for the LLC and for the H1b?

Thanks.

Daniel.

Originally posted by danielf3
I want to create an LLC and request an H1B to let me work for it.

I have an universitary degree and extensive managing experience.

Can someone help me to sumarize the requirements and considerations to be taken for the LLC and for the H1b?

Thanks.

Daniel.
I don't think you can sponsor yourself to be an H1 employer in you own company.

work with h1b for my LLC

I heard that it is posibe.

I need help with a sumarize of requirements and considerations.

Txs.

D.

Re: work with h1b for my LLC

Originally posted by danielf3
I heard that it is posibe.

I need help with a sumarize of requirements and considerations.

Txs.

D.

You then heard it wrong.

Re: Re: Re: work with H1B for my own LLC

Originally posted by JoeF
It is nearly impossible to get an H1 for management of a company, because CIS does not consider a college degree a requirement to manage a company. They definitely have a point. Besides the 10s of thousands of "mon-and-pop" shops where nobody has a degree, even companies like Microsoft and Oracle were founded and run by college dropouts.
By that logic, an H1 could not be hired in any general management role of a company. Yet there are many tech companies in Silicon Valley who have presidents, CEO's and vice presidents that are on H1 visa's, so I don't believe it is 'nearly impossible'.

I agree that if the company is a one person startup that was just a body shop it would be harder to make the case, but does the CIS really expect a one person startup in say biotech or nuclear engineering to have a college dropout as president or CEO? I don't think so...

Daniel, if you are serious, talk to a good immigration attorney.

Sorry Joe, but you are wrong on this.

If you search the H1b database at http://zazona.com/LCA-Data/ you can find dozens of people with titles such as CEO, VP, various director and manager roles listed on approved H1B LCA's. I've listed some below in the last couple of years and I didn't even get to the letter 'B' as there are hundreds and hundreds of them.

(Please ignore the rest of the content on Zazona.com)

I don't need to name any more, but I know from personal experience of at least half a dozen startups during the boom that had H1 executives in various positions.

Many of the well known Indian entrepeneurs came out here on H1's and made their way up to executive positions before they got green cards.

DIRECTOR OF US OPERATIONS -H-1B- ACCELERATED ENCRYPTION PROCES
CEO -H-1B- 365 MEDIA
VP OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY -H-1B- ADCORE STRATEGY USA
MARKETING MANAGER -H-1B- MEDIA JAPAN
MANAGER -H-1B- 12 TECHNOLOGIES INC
VICE PRESIDENT CUSTOMER CARE -H-1B- 1CG TELECOM GROUP INC
BUSINESS MANAGER -H-1B- ABLE DIVERSIFIED, INC
DIRECTOR -H-1B- ABN AMRO INCORPORATED
MANAGING DIRECTOR -H-1B- ABN AMRO INCORPORATED
HRD/MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT -H-1B- ACHALA CREATIVE SOLUTIONS
OFFICE MANAGER -H-1B- ADVANCEDINCOMETAXINC
MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE -H-1B- AETNA INTERNATIONAL INC
PRESIDENT -H-1B- AGRESSO NE CORPORATION

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Sanchez is full of it, esp with regard to immigrants and taxes and Social Security. He's like a lot of programmers who resent immigrants at the same time complaining there are no jobs for OS/2 developers. ;)

But the data in the database is legit. I doubt he sat down and made up all those LCA's, plus I can easily find my company in there and all the details are basically right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, but your argument that H1's cannot have management positions still doesn't hold water. Apart from the fact he may have forged many thousands of records in his database, the fact remains that my company still has several management people in H1 (listed correctly in the database) and I personally know of many more.

So there is no hard and fast rule about no management types on H1B.

Good FAQ BTW. The amusing thing is Sanchez's wife is apparently an immigrant, so you have to wonder why he is so ticked about it! Maybe because he couldn't get a job in web design with such an ugly site? :p

So what is the answer and what are the requirements for my original question?

Assuming that I have a universitary degree.

What are the requirements for sponsoring the H1B from my new LLC?

How I get that done?

Thanks.

D.

I agree. If your LLC has the finances to hire an employee and the ability to pay the stated wage (which is required for an H1), then you must have the money to hire a good immigration attorney.

Answers

Maybe I don't get it but..

My question is How I can hire myself with the rest of the 20 employees that I plan to hire?

My question was, what are the requirements.

I can go to an attorney but I wanted to have some basic information.

I see that you guys can't help me.

Thanks any way for your effort.

D.

law

I want to make it clear that I don't break, by pass or any other adjetives used by you regarding the law.

I just wanted an advise from people that wants to help and have the experience.

You don't need to make a ridiculus of me or trying to treat them as a delincuent!!!!

Because It is NOT my intention.

I want to learn about the right thing to do.

I really better go to an attorney.

D.

simple:

I want to work for my company LEGAL!!!.

NO by passing anything. OK?

I try to find how in a legal mode I can work for my company (sincere, honest, legal, etc, etc).

I think you are taking wrong conclusions in this case, and using strong adjetives.

If you want to help is fine but don't try to find what does not exist.

Simple, I wanted to know the requirements to work for my company with an H1B (LEGAL).

D.

So the answer to my original question is:

Yes, you can be hired by your own company if the CEO dicided that.

You will need to apply for an H1B and you need to have a universitary degree.

Simple and with out any offensive adjetives.

Am I correct?

D.

D.You see with the last two lines you answer my original question.

Instead of flying around and diminishing me, and treating me as a delinquent.

Probably I wasn't clear enough at the beginning.

Don't get irritated or mad.

Be more patient with the people that needs help/advice no all of them have your knowledge and experience!!!!!!. Some of the people that required help have a PHD (and they don't know about inmigration's laws)

Thanks any way.

D.

I am sorry but, with your intelligence, with only two sentences you could answer my basic questions knowing how to summarize.

Thanks any way.

You are the best.!!!

We are done.

D.