Work in the US maryying a US cit.

qwain76

I am an italian engineer. I am living in Italy with my american girlfriend.

I received a great job offer from the US, but they found out that H1B visas qoutas have been already filled for this year. Next session for assigning H1 will be in November.

Is there a faster way that I can go through by the fact that I can marry an American citizen?

K-1 visa seems quite long.

What about K-3? Is this faster?

What if I enter the US as a tourist and marry her in the US? Is it possible to request the work permit in this way? Or I can marry her only with a K-1?

Thanks a lot.

You can marry and go the IR route or go via the K-1 route. For the K-1 route, your girlfriend will need to return to the US. For the IR route, contact the US embassy in Rome. She may be allowed to sponsor you while living in Italy. I would very strongly discourage you to enter the US and apply for AOS. Reason being, you and your girlfriend are already living together before moving to the US. It will be very difficult to provide during your AOS that you did not enter the US with the intention of AOS.

Definately look into filing the I-130 with the CIS office abroad (commonly referred to on the internet as DCF). The rules did change at the beginning of 2007, but if your US girlfriend has recognized residency in Italy and you get married, then she should be eligible to file the I-130 petition for alien relative.
See the US Embassy Italy information on filing Family Petitions This a the fastest way to gain US permanent residency (green card) and be able to work straight away.

Also see the following for information regarding the I-864 and domicile issues when filing abroad