• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

WON the DV2014 but have problem

Mike80

Dear All,

I just noticed that I won the DV lottery. But I made a mistake in the application:

I was born in the Netherlands (eligible) and have a dutch nationality. During the applcation I filled this in and also partipated with this nationality

My parents settled here long time ago from asia and appearantly I was registred as a dual national here since birth ( i didnt know this untill last december).

I am wondering how to correct this and if this will have a major impact.

Dear All,

I just noticed that I won the DV lottery. But I made a mistake in the application:

I was born in the Netherlands (eligible) and have a dutch nationality. During the applcation I filled this in and also partipated with this nationality

My parents settled here long time ago from asia and appearantly I was registred as a dual national here since birth ( i didnt know this untill last december).

Makes no difference. You were born in the Netherlands, and you registered with the Netherlands as the country of chargeability. Your dual nationality makes no difference whatsoever to your eligibility, however you will have to declare your dual nationality on the forms you submit.

Congratulations.

Dear All,

Mike you have nothing to worry about. If you were born in Holland/Netherlands then your country of chargeability is the Netherlands which is eligible for the DV Lottery :)

I am in so much stress...this is what I wanted for so long...and after many tries

The thing is that on the dv lottery form i didnt fill in this asian country, as at the time i didnt know that i had that nationality (DUMB me)....so as I understand this shouldnt be a major problem ?

I mean they will notice it when i declare it now in their other forms

I am in so much stress...this is what I wanted for so long...

The thing is that on the dv lottery form i didnt fill in this asian country, as at the time i didnt know that i had that nationality (DUMB me)....so as I understand this shouldnt be a major problem ?

You should be fine. As far as I remember, you can't really enter two countries as your country of birth or chargeability in the entry form anyways.

I am in so much stress...this is what I wanted for so long...and after many tries

You need to inform them if there are any changes to your information. This is VERY important and will play a part in your interview.

You need to inform them if there are any changes to your information. This is VERY important and will play a part in your interview.

Ok, but how do i inform them this ? You mean the next forms i have to fill in correctly and explain during the interview if asked for.

Ok, but how do i inform them this ? You mean the next forms i have to fill in correctly and explain during the interview if asked for.
When you fill DSP-122 and DS230, make sure you answer all questions truthfully, and make sure you send your documents regarding both citizenships, like if you have passports from both countries, send copies of both. Also, if there is only one entry in the form for citizenship, you can attach a blank sheet explaining that you are a dual citizen and you choose Dutch for your chargeability.

???
He just found out he won today. :)

Lol oops my bad. I've been posting so much today that I confused his case with someone else's. Thanks for correcting me aos13 :)

So yes Mike, what aos13 says is correct. Fill in the forms properly and indicate all extra information on another sheet of paper if necessary and don't forget to mention your case number and all information (as per your barcode notification letter you got today) on the top right hand corner.