• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

won from Sudan, 2017AF00025xxx

:( Thank you, I thought maybe there's some sites you can just check it to avoid the physical visit.

Depending on your location, it's a quick process. Go in they check and let you know if there is a SSN on the way or if USCIS made a mistake.

I went to the SSA, Phoenix AZ, they informed me I have to wait till 6 of June to complete 4 weeks after our admition to US!! So 6 June I will be 1 month after arrival without SSN :(:(

I went to the SSA, Phoenix AZ, they informed me I have to wait till 6 of June to complete 4 weeks after our admition to US!! So 6 June I will be 1 month after arrival without SSN :(:(

Did they say if there is number already assigned to you?

Nope, after he wrote something and checking on he's computer, only he type the date 6/6/2017 on a paper and paste it on may passport as a reminder and informed to wait till this date.

Nope, after he wrote something and checking on he's computer, only he type the date 6/6/2017 on a paper and paste it on may passport as a reminder and informed to wait till this date.

Sorry about that, it normally takes 7-10 days. Check with them after the 6th and find out of you already have a number or if you are applying for a new one.

I went again today, she told me nothing is appear so she request me to fill the form for new SSA!! I gives her the old one which I filed it when we was in Virginia, she request an address here in AZ, I provided it, then she accepted it, give me a receipt paper and informed to wait 2 weeks again:(:( but it will come before this date she said!!
Hopefully I will receive it ASAP, I Got enough of waiting this SSA.

No problem, it happens. USCIS didn't put in your paperwork when you processed at the airport. You should have now in a week or so.

And I ask her about my wife and 3 child, she said she can't see anything belong to us!! So for them I have to wait till they came from Sudan then I can issue new one again !! :confused::confused:

And I ask her about my wife and 3 child, she said she can't see anything belong to us!! So for them I have to wait till they came from Sudan then I can issue new one again !! :confused::confused:

Your wife & children came with you but then went back to Sudan?

Thanks god, finnaly I received the SSN, I also today went to the 3rd party and issued state ID, I got also the book for issuing driver license:D ,also in the same day I went to one company and apply for job , I hope I will be accepted to start the duty soon.
Thanks for everyone on this forum specially the moderators, I hope the best for all of you and me as well.
I just asking what is the benefit of this SSN and how I can get the food stamp and healthcare for my family, shall they came then can I apply for any benefit to them or now I can prepare everything for them?!

Thanks god, finnaly I received the SSN, I also today went to the 3rd party and issued state ID, I got also the book for issuing driver license:D ,also in the same day I went to one company and apply for job , I hope I will be accepted to start the duty soon.
Thanks for everyone on this forum specially the moderators, I hope the best for all of you and me as well.
I just asking what is the benefit of this SSN and how I can get the food stamp and healthcare for my family, shall they came then can I apply for any benefit to them or now I can prepare everything for them?!

The SSN is not for the purpose of collecting food stamps or other government benefits to which you haven't contributed to. When you attended your interview, you convinced the CO you will not become a public charge, that's why you and your family were granted with your visas.

You should plan on working hard to be able to provide for your family and not look for government handouts.

The SSN is not for the purpose of collecting food stamps or other government benefits to which you haven't contributed to. When you attended your interview, you convinced the CO you will not become a public charge, that's why you and your family were granted with your visas.

You should plan on working hard to be able to provide for your family and not look for government handouts.

Thats right ... thats the reason for the bank statement or sponsor during the interview

But How about the healthcare?

Thats right ... thats the reason for the bank statement or sponsor during the interview

But How about the healthcare?

You need to be careful - if you apply for certain benefits that make you a public charge you could lose your green cards. You shouldn't be thinking about food stamps. The SSN is not to provide "benefits", it is basically just an identity number.

I'm not sure what's going on tbh with the changes in healthcare but in the meantime suggest you start by looking at yiur state's Obamacare website to see where to start, https://insurance.az.gov/health-insurance-marketplace-healthcaregov
Depending what job you get, you may get health insurance via your employer and not need to figure it out on your own.

Dears, I want to take the driver license exam, in Arizona, I get the book from MDV and read it all , I want to test my self before I go to the exam, I do test from bellow website:
https://www.dmv-written-test.com/arizona/practice-test-2.html

And I passed most exams on it, is it OK or shall I have to check other resources?!
Note: since I arrived here I'm driving with my KSA driver license.

Go to the DMV and ask them if you can take the exam.

Thankx, I already went to the MVD, and passed the computer exam in the second chance I scheduled my driver exam next week.