• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

won from Sudan, 2017AF00025xxx

Waw I really appreciate this info, now I saved the required page (40) and will printed it to show it in the airport.

Dears, Today we went to the SSN they updated us there's new process that the department of homeland and security Dept will issue the SSN and send it directly to the address which we provided it in the DS260, I remember the form there's an option asking (do you want the social security administration to issue a social security number and a card?) Which I answered (yes).
Did any one face like this situation?!
Is its new proccess or they want delay the process till the information added on the system from the POE?!

Dears, Today we went to the SSN they updated us there's new process that the department of homeland and security Dept will issue the SSN and send it directly to the address which we provided it in the DS260, I remember the form there's an option asking (do you want the social security administration to issue a social security number and a card?) Which I answered (yes).
Did any one face like this situation?!
Is its new proccess or they want delay the process till the information added on the system from the POE?!

This has always been the system/process. It's not new. There shouldn't be any delay from a change in address at the POE, that should have been entered into the system immediately.

Not changing the address, but actually I didnt know what exactly we should done in the Social administration!!? Is it should be there's some process should be there?! Like finger print?! Photo?! Some forms should be fill?! Cause after we fill the form and get our turn the officer informed us we should wait 14 days till we received it automatically with the green card "or" after it.
If not we should came to do the whole process in this administration after the 14 days!!
But we didnt do anything else.

Not changing the address, but actually I didnt know what exactly we should done in the Social administration!!? Is it should be there's some process should be there?! Like finger print?! Photo?! Some forms should be fill?! Cause after we fill the form and get our turn the officer informed us we should wait 14 days till we received it automatically with the green card "or" after it.
If not we should came to do the whole process in this administration after the 14 days!!

No, if you ticked the box on your DS260 you don't need to do anything at SSA. I've never visited a SS office in my life, my SSN card arrived about 10 days after we landed automatically.
It doesn't come "with" the green card though, but both are triggered through the same process (entry) - maybe that's what he meant. We got our GCs a few weeks after our SSNs.

Big thank you, that what I want to hear, that thers someone never went to issue the social security number due of authorizing them to issue it.
Thank you once again.

Your SSN should come in the mail soon, nothing to do on your part unless it's takes too long.

Thank you.
Dears can I ask you about the work permit?! What is it, from where I can get it?! What its need?

You don't need a work permit. You have a green card. You can work anywhere in the US you want except for jobs that require US citizens.

Thank you.
Dears can I ask you about the work permit?! What is it, from where I can get it?! What its need?

You are good to go with the stamp in your passport for 1 year if you are looking for a job. Once your green card arrives, use that.. it should take 30-45 days, sometimes longer.

Thank you, thats it.
Sometimes some people give you some wrong instructions:mad: which they didnt know its for the lottery process or not, but they know it from their friends.:(:(

Thank you very much, as usual when I got any inquiries or confusing this forum is the only destination for me:D:D

Thank you, thats it.
Sometimes some people give you some wrong instructions:mad: which they didnt know its for the lottery process or not, but they know it from their friends.:(:(

Thank you very much, as usual when I got any inquiries or confusing this forum is the only destination for me:D:D

I really suggest you read this - there are different language options. In the English version pages 13-72 or so are the most "useful".
https://www.uscis.gov/tools/settling-us/welcome-united-states

After 21 days exactly after the POE I received the GC for me and my family, 5 cards, but also the SSN not came with it!! When shall I move to the administration to ask about it!! Last time they told me already I requested to optain it directly with the GC but it didnt came yet!!

After 21 days exactly after the POE I received the GC for me and my family, 5 cards, but also the SSN not came with it!! When shall I move to the administration to ask about it!! Last time they told me already I requested to optain it directly with the GC but it didnt came yet!!

Five weeks is a long time to wait for the SSN, and I believe we told you to visit the SSA office if you didn't get the SSN after TWO weeks of waiting.

The SSN is never sent with the GC, they are sent separately by different administrative offices, so you need to go apply for your SSN tomorrow.

Good thank you, but is there's any website/email address, to check through it for the SSN progress?!

Last edited: