• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

won dv lottery but i'm afraid to not get a green card because...

fatima zahra

Hello , i graduated from high school in 2016 and i won dv lottery this year but i never studied or worked after graduation and i have to fill present work or study in the ds-260 but i'm afraid to fill it with unemployed and not get a green card . Thank u for your responses .

Congratulations on your selection!
Your high school diploma (make sure it's the equivalent of 12 years of school in the US) is all you need !

Hello , i graduated from high school in 2016 and i won dv lottery this year but i never studied or worked after graduation and i have to fill present work or study in the ds-260 but i'm afraid to fill it with unemployed and not get a green card . Thank u for your responses .

There's nothing you can do about that. If you have no work information to provide, then you simply have to indicate you're currently unemployed. Same with with educational institutions attended, if you have nothing beyond high school, leave it at that. Don't try to be creative by adding something not truthful.

The CO may rightfully get concerned about the likely hood of your becoming a public charge. I recommend you find someone to provide you with an affidavit of support to enable you overcome that.

Congratulations on your selection!
Your high school diploma (make sure it's the equivalent of 12 years of school in the US) is all you need !

It's not always as simple and straightforward as that. The CO will also need to take her age, the fact that she only has a high school diploma, no work experience or higher educational qualifications into consideratio and what kid of personal support will be available to her. They still have to determine if one is likely to become a public charge or not.

There's nothing you can do about that. If you have no work information to provide, then you simply have to indicate you're currently unemployed. Same with with educational institutions attended, if you have nothing beyond high school, leave it at that. Don't try to be creative by adding something not truthful.

The CO may rightfully get concerned about the likely hood of your becoming a public charge. I recommend you find someone to provide you with an affidavit of support to enable you overcome that.
Thank YOU so much Sm1smom for your support . I have onother question please , you said "i recommend you find someone to provide you with an affidavit of support to enable you overcome That " .that person should be someone in America or in whatever he is? , cause i have only my father who can support me with money...

Thank YOU so much Sm1smom for your support . I have onother question please , you said "i recommend you find someone to provide you with an affidavit of support to enable you overcome That " .that person should be someone in America or in whatever he is? , cause i have only my father who can support me with money...

The affidavit of support should be from someone in the US such as a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.

It's not always as simple and straightforward as that. The CO will also need to take her age, the fact that she only has a high school diploma, no work experience or higher educational qualifications into consideratio and what kid of personal support will be available to her. They still have to determine if one is likely to become a public charge or not.
The affidavit of support should be from someone in the US such as a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Thank you Sm1smon so much :)

Of course and you are right I should have elaborated my answer.
Just meant that a high school diploma is the best criteria/requirement