withdrawal from F2 to F1 processing

manali1188

Hi,

I had applied for change in visa status "transfer from F2 to F1" on May 30th, 2013. Unfortunately my status still says initial review stage. last update was on 3th july. I havent heard back since then. Now I am not eligible to start my fall semester next week.

I am thinking of withdrawing my processing and be back on F2. I would like to know the procedure and would they create any problem or delay? how long will it take? Also I don't aim to study because I will be leaving the United states next Summer!

Please advice !

Best,
Manali

Update

Hi,

I had applied for change in visa status "transfer from F2 to F1" on May 30th, 2013. Unfortunately my status still says initial review stage. last update was on 3th july. I havent heard back since then. Now I am not eligible to start my fall semester next week.

I am thinking of withdrawing my processing and be back on F2. I would like to know the procedure and would they create any problem or delay? how long will it take? Also I don't aim to study because I will be leaving the United states next Summer!

Please advice !

Best,
Manali

Hi Manali,

How did you solve this issue? Can you please let me know?
I was also in the same situation as your.

Thanks.