Withdraw H1B Application - pending status

johny05

Experts,

Is it possible to withdraw H1B application when its in 'approval pending' state ? My application was selected in lottery, and since then its in that status.

Does this act of withdrawing the application affect one's profile ? I am asking because the company I work in will apply my H1B next year.

*** Why to Withdraw ****
I applied my H1B via two companies [one in which I work, and second consultancy where I though I will be able to make more money.] My application submitted by consultancy was selected, and other got rejected. My employer registered in e-verify so that they don;t have to loose employees because of that. I got my OPT extended till Feb 2010 for my current employer. So, If I get my H1B [consultancy one], I will HAVE TO leave my current employer and work with the consultancy for at least 2 months before I can get my H1B transferred for a full time job [Leaving a full time job, doesn't seem like a good idea to me at this time.] My current employer suggested me to work on OPT and they will apply my H1B next year again.

So, I want to withdraw my H1B [consultancy one], which is not yet approved.

OR,

Can I choose the start date of my H1B ? In that case I will start using it next year when market is little stable.

OR

Any other suggestion, given the scenario.

Regards,

Johny