"With the supervisor"

Xenfinity

Registered Users (C)
Well I just went in yesterday to inquire about the delay with my case. Here's my timeline.

ND: 01/08/2007
Interview: 06/13/07
went to the supervisor: 07/06/2007

During the interview the lady said she couldn't adjudicate the case because my name check hadn't yet cleared. Well I went in last month and confirmed yesterday that it has cleared since then. All of that is done. The infopass immigration officer said that the only thing left is for the supervisor to make a decision. I asked him if this is normal, he said it wasn't but that I shouldn't worry about it. Should I though? My case is pretty normal. Married my wife last October she transfered to my college to be with me and we've been living in an apartment together since. I guess the only wierdness might be that my mom filled a I-485 for me 4 years ago that got denied because hers was denied (marriage to a US citizen that ended in divorce) and that we're young (she's 19 I'm 20). Has this happened to anyone here? How long did it take them to make a decision?

For final adjudication, the USCIS officer needs a certain amount of years "under his/her belt". If the interviewing officer does not make the cut, final approval needs to be sought by a supervisor/senior officer.

Hi!
Just continuing from the first post. My I-485 is also pending. Mine is a bit complex based on the Child Status Protection Act. When I went to check the
status at the infopass the officer told me supervisor is checking the legality of the case. My question is while this is going on can I get in touch with the Immigration Officer and the supervisor and present further evidence. Contact through phone or mail whichever is convenient and better

My concern is that I dont want the case to be denied and then file the motion to repoen. I want them to look at the details of the law and its interprtation before making a decision

You are more than welcome to write to any USCIS officer/supervisor. I hope you took down the name of the officer/supervisor handling your case. You can send a letter to his/her attention.