• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Will there be a DV 2016?

louis22

Will there be a DV 2016 that we can register for this year (2014)? I've heard about the Immigration reform, but I'm not sure if the bill has been passed yet. So, I guess I'm trying to ask what are the chances of there being a DV Lottery that I can enter this year.

Will there be a DV 2016 that we can register for this year (2014)? I've heard about the Immigration reform, but I'm not sure if the bill has been passed yet. So, I guess I'm trying to ask what are the chances of there being a DV Lottery that I can enter this year.

DV2015 was open for registration Oct-Nov of last year. The results will be announced in May and winners for DV 2015 will be processed btween Oct 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015.

DV2016 (if it goes ahead) would start with registration in October this year, and winners will be processed between Oct 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016. In other words you have a long time to wait.

My guess is that DV2016 will take place because they have to stop it before they announce the entry period - so plans would be finalised within a few months from now - and no immigration bill would pass fast enough to stop that.

I second your answer Britsimon.....No need to be worried

DV2015 was open for registration Oct-Nov of last year. The results will be announced in May and winners for DV 2015 will be processed btween Oct 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015.

DV2016 (if it goes ahead) would start with registration in October this year, and winners will be processed between Oct 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016. In other words you have a long time to wait.

My guess is that DV2016 will take place because they have to stop it before they announce the entry period - so plans would be finalised within a few months from now - and no immigration bill would pass fast enough to stop that.

DV 015 was missed to fill due to being winner of dv014. I will fill for dv016 because I am suffered from the disease of dv!!! it's a damn sure ....Alol

I'm not really sure, but as I know that Immigration reform already was accepted last summer & there wasn't even a word about DL in it.

I'm not really sure, but as I know that Immigration reform already was accepted last summer & there wasn't even a word about DL in it.
As long as the Dems control the senate and the GOP the house, the DV is safe because the GOP doesn't want to deal with the Dem....
Worry if :
-the Dems get the majority in the chamber
or
-the GOP get the next president and keep the majority at the house...(very unlikely the current GOP will ever be at the white house unless they change...)

So for now, DV hopefulls are safe.

They will continue with the DV lottery for years to come to balance out the increasing number of people each year giving up on their US citizenship and green cards. :p

So judging from the responses so far, DV2016 is safe if the bill doesn't get passed between now and the announcement of the application date?

Dv 2016

So judging from the responses so far, DV2016 is safe if the bill doesn't get passed between now and the announcement of the application date?

Any update - has the bill been passed.....I am looking for applying in DV 2016 (i.e around October to Nov 2014) I guess.....

guys pls do let me know what is current status in USA

They will continue with the DV lottery for years to come to balance out the increasing number of people each year giving up on their US citizenship and green cards. :p

Uh, no, they will replace it with STEM-based visas and ensure they get a skilled population to replace the handful of people giving up their green cards... And IMO this is a much better all round option. I know this view won't go down well with a lot of people here, but it is what it is, better for the US in the long run.

Hi All, I was reading news on Eric Cantor........is there any impact of his loss for immigration reforms in US or in DV 2016

I wrote this on the Australian thread and I'll re-paste it because it's actually more on-topic here:
----
The Republicans have a good chance of taking the Senate at the midterms this year. The President's party typically performs poorly.

Good news today: "GOP approves hardline immigration stance in party platform"
http://www.ketknbc.com/news/gop-approves-hardline-immigration-stance-in-party

Why is that good news? The more hardline their stance, the less likely any legislation will pass. A moderate bipartisan law will almost certainly kill DVs, so we don't want that. The democrats will filibuster or veto anything extreme. The status quo is our friend. We want gridlock.
----

The Tea Party rolling Eric Cantor is great news. He was the sort of moderate Republican that could negotiate and get laws passed.

I wrote this on the Australian thread and I'll re-paste it because it's actually more on-topic here:
----
The Republicans have a good chance of taking the Senate at the midterms this year. The President's party typically performs poorly.

Good news today: "GOP approves hardline immigration stance in party platform"
http://www.ketknbc.com/news/gop-approves-hardline-immigration-stance-in-party

Why is that good news? The more hardline their stance, the less likely any legislation will pass. A moderate bipartisan law will almost certainly kill DVs, so we don't want that. The democrats will filibuster or veto anything extreme. The status quo is our friend. We want gridlock.
----

The Tea Party rolling Eric Cantor is great news. He was the sort of moderate Republican that could negotiate and get laws passed.

I like your thinking on this. Go tea party. You are just the sort of nutcases we need!

Hi All, DV 2016 is approaching soon......God help us all......any update on it anyone???
From reading another thread people had been calling the KCC who been selected for DV2014 with regards to their case numbers and were told to reapply for DV2016 as they wouldn't be called up for DV2014 interview.

Hi guys,
Could someone please supply me the link to the official website from which we have to apply for the DV2016?
I've come across some that states entry is open and wanting payment which I assume are bogus? If anyone could help me with the right website, thanks in advance!