Will I receive any mail after oath?

looklook199

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I would like to ask that will I receive any mail after Oath?
The reason is I am planning to move after Oath; therefore, I would like to make sure I receive all of mails from USCIS.

From my understanding, the Oath letter after interview would be the last mail that we receive from USCIS, is it right?

Thank you for replying. and wish you all the best.

Once you become a citizen, you have no reason to update your address with CIS. Having said that, I think it would be ok to update them anyway if you feel like it. It would be strange, since you are no longer their responsibility. They sometimes send erroneous post, but probably nothing you should worry about. I'm sure they have ways of getting in touch with you, like through the State Department's passport application list.

Once you become a citizen, you have no reason to update your address with CIS. Having said that, I think it would be ok to update them anyway if you feel like it. It would be strange, since you are no longer their responsibility. They sometimes send erroneous post, but probably nothing you should worry about. I'm sure they have ways of getting in touch with you, like through the State Department's passport application list.

so do you still remember when do u receive the last mail from USCIS? thank you!!

Dear all,

I would like to ask that will I receive any mail after Oath?
The reason is I am planning to move after Oath; therefore, I would like to make sure I receive all of mails from USCIS.

From my understanding, the Oath letter after interview would be the last mail that we receive from USCIS, is it right?

Thank you for replying. and wish you all the best.

Yes, the oath letter is the last thing you get.

After you move, you can let US Postal Service forward your mail to your new address anyway. I think that forwarding service is good for a year, so you will not lose any important messages.

In my case, I did not receive anything from USCIS at all after naturalization.