Will I need any waivers?

dogcat

Hi,

I was ordered removed from the United States and left accordingly on my own buying my own plane ticket back to the Philippines in September of 2010. I was given a 10 year ban. Both my parents are United States permanent residents and I am 30 years old and unmarried. My question is, if my parents petition me now, and once the visa becomes available at the visa interview date(which i heard takes at least 12 years for philippines), Will i still need any waivers like the i-601 or i-212? like will they need any waivers which i heard will only be requested at the visa interview date? And since the petition will take at least 12 years anyway, won't the 10-year-ban be expired by that time? Will I still need any waivers by that time after the 12 years?

By the way, DHS gave me a paper to submit to the U.S. embassy in Manila once I had arrived, and told me if I submitted the paper, it wouldn't go down as a deportation.

thanks for any help!

The 10 year ban is usually triggered by unlawful presence and IF that is the sole reason for removal, waiting out the ban is good enough and no waiver is required. IF there is any additional issue, there could be need for a waiver or might not be a waiver available.

It sounds like you got voluntary departure and will only have to wait out the 10 year ban. Make sure that you document your timely departure.