• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Will Asia become CURRENT in next month's Visa Bulletin?

Dear all,

My dear friend, firo1234 is so~ worried about if his CN not becoming current in the next month's VB, which will be out on next Friday, July 9th. He was really disappointed when he found out his number(AS) was only 500 apart from the last month's VB.

I'm sure that his number will definitely become current in September, what do you guys think?

Any comment will be highly appreciated! :eek:

Asia is current in September

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA CURRENT

Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

Hi Oliseh,

Interesting...I too got police report but from embassy of Japan in US and they have given me the same mysterious Police report with instruction not to open it. I can't understand why they will do that. But as you are in Japan you must know how dictating the system could be sometimes. Hope they did not screw up our report.
Maila
The cops here can torture someone. I know I'm clean . I called KCC yesterday and they confirmed my interview for 7th September. Are you doing your interview in Tokyo too?

Hi Oliseh,

Interesting...I too got police report but from embassy of Japan in US and they have given me the same mysterious Police report with instruction not to open it. I can't understand why they will do that. But as you are in Japan you must know how dictating the system could be sometimes. Hope they did not screw up our report.

I just simply thought it is same to Medical report, which is no longer valid after breaking the seal, when I read US Embassy Japan FAQ site. As a Japanese culture, when we send a letter, we usually put personal seal (or handwriting "seal") on the envelope, it is located like Japanese police cert envelope, so that the addressee can notice if somebody else opened the envelope and potentially modified/picked something on the way. That's why I thought it makes sense though, later I learned other countries' police cert is sometimes not sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just simply thought it is same to Medical report, which is no longer valid after breaking the seal, when I read US Embassy Japan FAQ site. As a Japanese culture, when we send a letter, we usually put personal seal (or handwriting "seal") on the envelope, it is located like Japanese police cert envelope, so that the addressee can notice if somebody else opened the envelope and potentially modified/picked something on the way. That's why I thought it makes sense though, later I learned other countries' police cert is sometimes not sealed.

tmfl
i was checking your signature and saw that it took 3 days and 4 days for your visa to be approved. That was very fast.

tmfl
i was checking your signature and saw that it took 3 days and 4 days for your visa to be approved. That was very fast.

Well, US Embassy in Japan usually issues immigrant/non immigrant visas for Japanese applicants in a week as long as the consul says "you are approved" at the interview (as far as I know, it could also be the case for foreign people not subject to Additional Administrative Processing).

Forgot to list some educational institutions on forms

Hi all,

I am a DV2010 winner from Asia who will have an interview through CP in August. Upon reviewing my documents, I realized that on the DS-230 and DSP-122 forms, I forgot to list ALL educational institutions attended. I listed high school, college, and graduate school, but did not put kindergarten, elementary, and middle schools which I attended.

This was an honest carelessness on my part, but will that cause a problem? Should I send an amendment to the embassy before the interview? Does anyone have a similar experience or know about this?

Thanks for the info.

dont worry you can explain that during interview and you can correct mistakes during the interview, you will be fine my friend

Thanks firo1234 for the reply. After reading this thread, I know that you are also going for an interview soon. Good luck to you and everyone who will have interviews in August and September.