Why premium processing for I-140?

srikala

Registered Users (C)
Premium processing for I-140 is a mixed bag of good and bad news. For those EB2-NIW and EB1's waiting for their I-485 to become current, it's bad for them. For those with I-485 retrogressed, it doesn't help. So why did they introduce this premium processing?

In any case, I-140 average processing time is about 3 months only (source: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i140-graph/), so what's the big advantage of premium processing for I-140? Are they going to approve I-140 in one day with premium processing?

Premium processing (i.e. PERM) helps labor applicants more because of the difference in processing times between regular and PERM processing.

srikala said:
Premium processing for I-140 is a mixed bag of good and bad news. For those EB2-NIW and EB1's waiting for their I-485 to become current, it's bad for them. For those with I-485 retrogressed, it doesn't help. So why did they introduce this premium processing?

In any case, I-140 average processing time is about 3 months only (source: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i140-graph/), so what's the big advantage of premium processing for I-140? Are they going to approve I-140 in one day with premium processing?

Premium processing (i.e. PERM) helps labor applicants more because of the difference in processing times between regular and PERM processing.

That's called free money.

Seriously, I think i140 has a good chance of slowing down as BECs start churning out LCs so why would USCIS NOT want to get $1000 from people who are willing to pay.

srikala said:
look at the timeframes for Nebraska... It's way over 3 month in average, looks like 5. Then USCIS wants to stop concurrent filing of 140+485 so, then there will be much more point to go premium (gor those with current PD) and sponsor the USCIS :) by extra grand.

I was wondering the same thing. We filed I-140 and I-485 cuncurrently under EB2, but becasue of an error, I might be having to be downgraded to EB3. I suggested replying to the RFE for I-140 EB2 under premium processing, so that we could get a visa number faster, and therefore re-file I-485, etc. Our lawyer said that would not help. Anyone knows why?

hi!!
I have a question too. my employer is in the process of filing I-140 and my PD is current. Does it make difference if you file Premium or regular?
Any ideas?

some difference according to people's discussions

1. You should hear something within 15 days with premium. Regular 3-6 months ... i saw some 1 month. But you never know ...

2. $1000 dollars !!

3. if more people go for the premium, i do believe regular filers will be slow donw more.

od2004 said:
hi!!
I have a question too. my employer is in the process of filing I-140 and my PD is current. Does it make difference if you file Premium or regular?
Any ideas?

It might help some one who is in hurry to get 3 year h1 extension...

srikala said:

GChelp123, what helps when your I-140 is denied? Would my H1 visa get teminated? Can I stay and work under the H1 until that expires?

Premium processing helped me !

My EB3 labor was approved on 8/27, with a PD of Sept 2002. However, I did have an earlier approved 140 with a PD of 9/13/2000. My employer used the premium process to file my 140 and requested retention of old PD, which was approved in 4 days and I just filed for 485.

Without Premium processing, it would have been a long wait to file 485

So, it does helps, but yes, only in a limited circumstances

What I meant to ask was:

What happens to your status when your I-140 is denied?

I am in my 7th year H1B. Can I then refile for PERM and work under H1B, withouth a pending case with the USCIS?

suzi

suzihere said:
What I meant to ask was:
What happens to your status when your I-140 is denied?
I am in my 7th year H1B. Can I then refile for PERM and work under H1B, withouth a pending case with the USCIS?
suzi

My status is ....
I'm in 8th year H1 based on a new labor application with new employer.

Your status...
You are already in the 7th year, so I guess you have a pending GC labor application, I don't think you need PERM unless you have other reasons..

Can I convert I-140 to premium later in time?

Hello All,

My 7th year H1B extention expires July 2007. My labor got approved last month. Lawyers are in process of applying I-140.

I will be eligible to apply for 8th year extension on Jan 2007. This time, I would like to get 3 years extension, which can be done if my 140 is approved.

So can I have my I-140 applied under normal process now and if it is not approved by Jan 2007, I will convert to premium. Is this possible?

Please let me know...
Thanks,

Does attorney need extra attorney fee to file for Premium processing

Hi

My attorney is asking extra 500 $ for attorney fee to file for premium processing of I-140 (EB-2). I had filed that I-140 through the same attorney.

Can you tell me that is normal? he/she should charge me or file for free as I filed I-140 through the same attorney?

thanks for your input

pmpforgc said:
Hi

My attorney is asking extra 500 $ for attorney fee to file for premium processing of I-140 (EB-2). I had filed that I-140 through the same attorney.

Can you tell me that is normal? he/she should charge me or file for free as I filed I-140 through the same attorney?

thanks for your input

That is ridiculous. Basically your attorney is ripping you off.

SK_31 said:
My EB3 labor was approved on 8/27, with a PD of Sept 2002. However, I did have an earlier approved 140 with a PD of 9/13/2000. My employer used the premium process to file my 140 and requested retention of old PD, which was approved in 4 days and I just filed for 485.

Without Premium processing, it would have been a long wait to file 485

So, it does helps, but yes, only in a limited circumstances

Hello SK_31, could you please tell me what kind of documents I need for the old PD retention ? Does you new approved 140 show your old PD or new PD? Thank you very much for your info~~~

If your I-140 is denies your H visa is still valid. It's o.k to have duel intent with H visa. you may even apply for extention shoul you be denied.

my labor was filed in may 2006 (6th year finishes on dec 2006) under perm and just got approved. I have a question. I have recently heard that my perm labor should have been filed atleast 365 days prior, now even my labor is approved I have to leave after my 6th year completes. Is this true?

I really appreciate any help in this matter.

Regds,

riya0125 said:
my labor was filed in may 2006 (6th year finishes on dec 2006) under perm and just got approved. I have a question. I have recently heard that my perm labor should have been filed atleast 365 days prior, now even my labor is approved I have to leave after my 6th year completes. Is this true?

I really appreciate any help in this matter.

Regds,

If you get your 140 cleared before DEC, you will be able to extend 3 year h1B, otherwise you need leave. Do your 140 ASAP.