• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Whos waiting for July 1st 2010

ferhankaka

Registered Users (C)
In the asia region, havnt gotten my NL yet! So waiting for the July 1st!

U can just imagine how I am anticipating this date that i have already set up a new topic! If any body is in the same boat as I am, full of anticipation and anxiety! let me know how you feel and share it around! crack some jokes and make these days go by faster!

I am European,havent received any NL yet.
To be honest i dont expect to get it any more,1st of July would be just a typical date when we will confirm that we werent selected.;)
If u take a look at 2010 winners forum,there were many people who didnt receive any NL until June and were waiting anxiously for the 1st of July.
And after 1st of July nobody wrote again at the topic,so you can imagine why :rolleyes:
So i dont think about it anymore,if there is a 1% for NL to come,it would better be a surprise than waiting and think about it every day..

Also waiting for that date ... actually I prefer being quite sure that I haven't been selected by then. I will have had time to assimilate the idea haha

I would be quite a shock discovering it all of a sudden on that day if there were no NL arriving before the announcement on the Internet.

Hope for the best :)

I am European,havent received any NL yet.
To be honest i dont expect to get it any more,1st of July would be just a typical date when we will confirm that we werent selected.;)
If u take a look at 2010 winners forum,there were many people who didnt receive any NL until June and were waiting anxiously for the 1st of July.
And after 1st of July nobody wrote again at the topic,so you can imagine why :rolleyes:
So i dont think about it anymore,if there is a 1% for NL to come,it would better be a surprise than waiting and think about it every day..

i´m also from europe...and still waiting...i´m losing hope now...:(

One person last year did win after checking the website on july 1rst. So don't lose hope guys!

Don't want to be voice of doom but highly unlikely you will get a letter now if you still haven't gotten it. The reason I say this is because I look at the Nepal Post Office website as a guide which is very useful although I am not Nepalese (below link). Nepal is unusual in the sense that their Post Office receives the letters as a CENTRAL base then distributes them out. So you can look at how many precisely they have gotten so far and then compare to what they normally get to gauge where things stand in the timeframe. As of today = 1112 letters. What they got last year = 1204. Since numbers can never be precisely the same year on year, they are basically already at the end. Small exception obviously if you are from a country where you live in some remote mountain village where post takes months to arrive but for most of us, I think it's over. Also, I notice this year, letters were dated very early - I think dated early March if I recall correctly. So perhaps they started the process earlier. That's why some people receiving in last couple of weeks, their numbers already extremely high like in the 40,000 or one even 80,000.

gpo.gov.np/DvSrchResult.aspx

If all NL arrived in Nepal,then i think the procedure is over :):) especially in Europe where i am from..

I am DV winner and didn't receive my NL until july 1st, got to know I won after checking online. So guys all hope
are not loss....keep ur hopes alive

Gudluck all

I am DV winner and didn't receive my NL until july 1st, got to know I won after checking online. So guys all hope
are not loss....keep ur hopes alive

Gudluck all

I believe you can check online like the previous post states. When I applied and won last yr (DV-2010) I had a confirmation number that was sent to my email inbox when I first applied for the DV loterry in 2008. Those of you who still have this email can find out right away if you've won. This is wise as letters can sometimes get lost in the mail. I would also call KCC after July 1st if you don't hear anything. Doesn't hurt!

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is what the email said...

Success!

Your entry for the 2010 Diversity Visa Lottery Program Lottery Entry Form was received on Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 8:12:19 PM EDT. Please do not close this window until you have printed this confirmation page or made a record of your Confirmation Number.

Entrant Name: XXXXX

Confirmation Number: 2010146MK2XXXXXX

Thank you for your entry for the 2010 Diversity Visa Lottery.

Please either print this page or make a record of the confirmation number before closing this window. You will not be able to retrieve this number after you close this window.

You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your entry status using the internet. You may check back on this site at anytime between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010 to determine whether your entry was selected for further processing in the 2010 DV Lottery. You will be required to enter your confirmation number in combination with other personal information in order to check on your entry status.

Selectees will also receive a letter through their country's postal service notifying them of their selection. Entrants who are not selected for further processing will not receive any type of notification through mail.

Do not submit additional Entry Forms with this person as the Primary Entrant! Multiple entries will disqualify the entrant from participation in the Lottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i think the problem is we start counting the chikens before the egs hatch! if at all the eggs are even layed in the first place!