1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Who/where to sign a minor dependant 485, 131

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by hnks, Apr 18, 2008.

1. hnks

hnks Registered Users (C)

I am preparing 485 forms to send and was wondering who signs a minor 485 and 131 application. (my minor is 3 years old)
    and where,
    Form 485:
    Section 4, there is a signature and name next to it
    Section 5, is for the person preparing the form.
    Should I sign it since I am the primary applicant
    In part 4, shall I sign my name and type the minor's name or type my name next to the signature?
    Same in form 131.
    I am a bit confused.
    Please advise
    thanks
  2. deland70

deland70 Registered Users (C)

i dit it myself for my 2 minor sons: sign your name and THEN, put your child's name next to it in Section 4. Same thing with the other forms.
    Forget about Section 5.

Goodluck!