who pays for h4 visa stamps?

juriarte

the company I'm working for at the moment does not want to pay for my spouse and kids visa stamps so that they can come in and out of the us at will.

is this a common practice?

I worked for a different company when I got the H1B and they had to pay for their H4's and stamps in order for them to come with me when I moved from Mexico to the US.

Now my new company is saying it will only pay for my stamp since I have to travel abroad (I travel to the UK, Bermuda and Canada) but not the ones for my family. They all have tourist visas which I guess they could use to get in and out, but I was told this is not correct and they have to use their H4, so I would have to pay for them.

any advice?

Employer is only responsible for paying for employee's H1 documentation, not for that of employee's family.

the company I'm working for at the moment does not want to pay for my spouse and kids visa stamps so that they can come in and out of the us at will.
------------------------------ you need to pay for your spouse or kids H4 visa.
is this a common practice?
-----------Yes.
I worked for a different company when I got the H1B and they had to pay for their H4's and stamps in order for them to come with me when I moved from Mexico to the US.

Now my new company is saying it will only pay for my stamp since I have to travel abroad (I travel to the UK, Bermuda and Canada) but not the ones for my family. They all have tourist visas which I guess they could use to get in and out, but I was told this is not correct and they have to use their H4, so I would have to pay for them.

any advice?

you have to pay for H4 visa.