1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white passport for green card

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by osama123, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. osama123

    osama123 Member


    i heard that if you are green card holder , you can get a white passport issued by the US , is this correct , and if yes , which form i need to fill

  2. Perico

    Perico Registered Users (C)

    I believe somebody is playing a big joke on you, there's no such thing as a " white passport "
  3. TheRealCanadian

    TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

    Why would the US issue a passport to non-citizens? The only thing they might do is issue travel docs to asylees.
  4. sairam1

    sairam1 Registered Users (C)

    The re-entry permit (if my memory serves me right - I think I read about it in www.murthy.com) is a document that is white in color.. and looks like a US Passport (just that it is white) ... so people tend to call it a white passport ..

    Hope this helps...

    Search www.murthy.com if you want more info.. I am not even sure if the info will be there... as I read it probably 2 years ago
  5. Gegemon

    Gegemon Registered Users (C)

    White passport is a re-entry permit for green card holders who plan to stay more than one year away from U.S. Also if you have your passport from your country of birth expired / revoked - you can travel to other counties using that white passport - you will be considered a person without citizenship and you will need special visas to be stamped there in order to visit other countries.

    ND: 04-02-2003

Share This Page