1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

white passport for green card

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by osama123, Jun 28, 2004.

1. osama123

osama123 Member

hi

i heard that if you are green card holder , you can get a white passport issued by the US , is this correct , and if yes , which form i need to fill

osama
  2. Perico

Perico Registered Users (C)

I believe somebody is playing a big joke on you, there's no such thing as a " white passport "
  3. TheRealCanadian

TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

Why would the US issue a passport to non-citizens? The only thing they might do is issue travel docs to asylees.
  4. sairam1

sairam1 Registered Users (C)

The re-entry permit (if my memory serves me right - I think I read about it in www.murthy.com) is a document that is white in color.. and looks like a US Passport (just that it is white) ... so people tend to call it a white passport ..

Hope this helps...

Search www.murthy.com if you want more info.. I am not even sure if the info will be there... as I read it probably 2 years ago
  5. Gegemon

Gegemon Registered Users (C)

White passport is a re-entry permit for green card holders who plan to stay more than one year away from U.S. Also if you have your passport from your country of birth expired / revoked - you can travel to other counties using that white passport - you will be considered a person without citizenship and you will need special visas to be stamped there in order to visit other countries.

EB12-OR-VSC
    ND: 04-02-2003