white passport for green card

osama123

hi

i heard that if you are green card holder , you can get a white passport issued by the US , is this correct , and if yes , which form i need to fill

osama

I believe somebody is playing a big joke on you, there's no such thing as a " white passport "

osama_abdelfattah said:
i heard that if you are green card holder , you can get a white passport issued by the US , is this correct , and if yes , which form i need to fill

Why would the US issue a passport to non-citizens? The only thing they might do is issue travel docs to asylees.

osama_abdelfattah said:
hi

osama
The re-entry permit (if my memory serves me right - I think I read about it in www.murthy.com) is a document that is white in color.. and looks like a US Passport (just that it is white) ... so people tend to call it a white passport ..

Hope this helps...

Search www.murthy.com if you want more info.. I am not even sure if the info will be there... as I read it probably 2 years ago

White passport is a re-entry permit for green card holders who plan to stay more than one year away from U.S. Also if you have your passport from your country of birth expired / revoked - you can travel to other counties using that white passport - you will be considered a person without citizenship and you will need special visas to be stamped there in order to visit other countries.

EB12-OR-VSC
ND: 04-02-2003