Which route to take for sponsoring green card?

Cherra Gupta

Hello,

I am working as a scientist in a company and intend to sponsor my mother for a Green Card. I am on a work visa and expecting a Green Card in the year 2019 based on the EB1A category. My mom's real brother already is an American citizen.

Which route would be quicker for my mom to get a green card?
1) Me getting a green card in two years, getting a citizenship in additional five years, and then applying for mom?
2) Asking my mom's brother to sponsor it for her.
I have heard that unless you have a dependent spouse, children or parents, in other cases, such as my mom's brother sponsoring the green card for her can take a lot of time.

Secondly, she already has a visitor visa for 10 years but after she applies for the green card, and let's say her visa expires, would she be able to apply for another visitor visa while her green card petition is still being processed?

Thirdly, is it necessary to be an American Citizen to sponsor your parents or that it possible even as a green card holder?

Yes she may apply for a new visitor’s visa when the current one expires. Approval is never guaranteed for anyone. Also having a valid NIV does not guarantee an admission into the US either, it’s always at the discretion of the CBP agent.

Only a USC can sponsor their parents or siblings.

Use the search button at the top of the page to locate the posts of others who have gone through the process or currently doing so. You can also try google for links from other sources.