1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

When will we get EAD?

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by umashankarnk, Aug 11, 2006.

1. umashankarnk

umashankarnk Registered Users (C)

I m new to this green card process.
    I heard that there are 3 stages in green card process
    1. Labour approval (thru perm - takes 2 weeks to 3months)
    2. I140 ( 3-6 monhts)
    3. I480 (6 months)
    Most of the people whose I140 got approved are waiting to file I480.Because its in retrogresson.What does it mean?
    When do People get EAD?I mean after/during which stage? If we get EAD, can we work using EAD?

Thank you

2. gcbez

gcbez Registered Users (C)

If you are in retrogression that generally means that for your labor certification category ( EB1/EB2/EB3) too many people from your country have applied for I-485 than there are immigrant visas available. So you have to wait for you turn until all the people ahead of you get there I-485 approved.

You can get a EAD when you can apply for I-485. Becasue it's issued based on a pending I-485 application. So if are in retrogression you can't get a EAD.

3. ginnu

ginnu Registered Users (C)