When to finish Medicals after the initial assessment is finished?

gattu12

Registered Users (C)
I have received letter stating that the initial assessment of my application is finished and additional documents (such as FBI Clearance, bank balance and current paystub) needs to be sent.
In addition, I have received two forms (one for me and for my wife) for the medicals. It also mentions that the medicals should not be done until 6 months from now since it might expire.

Can somebody advise me on the following :

1. When should I finish my medical examination? (i.e. 6 months from now?)
2. How can one check the online status? (since I am seeing messages where people can check online status)
3. When I initiall filed for my application , I filed it for myself and my wife only. Since I also want to apply for my parents PR, should I wait for my / my wife's PR to get approve and then apply for my parents or can I do sidebyside at the same time?

I will appreciate if you can answer all the above or any of the above ones.

Originally posted by gattu12
I have received letter stating that the initial assessment of my application is finished and additional documents (such as FBI Clearance, bank balance and current paystub) needs to be sent.
In addition, I have received two forms (one for me and for my wife) for the medicals. It also mentions that the medicals should not be done until 6 months from now since it might expire.

Can somebody advise me on the following :

1. When should I finish my medical examination? (i.e. 6 months from now?)
Ans:
After six months from the date on the letter which mentioned
about this.

2. How can one check the online status? (since I am seeing messages where people can check online status)

Ans:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html
then go for "e-Client Application Status"
then couple of screens and "Select" "File no" check box
and you input the info and you should be able to see
your info. If could not find do not panicky because all
the info is not in their e-system it is a kind of work in progress
system.

3. When I initiall filed for my application , I filed it for myself and my wife only. Since I also want to apply for my parents PR, should I wait for my / my wife's PR to get approve and then apply for my parents or can I do sidebyside at the same time?

Ans: It depends on your situation, I mean if you all are planning to land together or Is just You and your spouse and once you
settle down (it takes anywhere from weeks to months) partly
it depends on your wallet and Job oppurtunities and your skill set and so on...

I guess once you have a steady source of Job/Income getting
your parents is not a big deal at all.

Its your call....

I will appreciate if you can answer all the above or any of the above ones.

All the best.

Vijay :)