When to apply for a green card?

technoman

Hi All,

Iam currently here on a L1 visa and would like to know after what period of the L1 can someone apply for a change of status and start the green card process?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. So my next questions are where can I get the best information on the process and do I need to use an attorney? I have searched greencard on google and as you can imagine it comes up with a lot of stuff, so any pointers before I wade through it would be appreciated! Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. So my next questions are where can I get the best information on the process and do I need to use an attorney? I have searched greencard on google and as you can imagine it comes up with a lot of stuff, so any pointers before I wade through it would be appreciated! Thanks again.

Best thing is to work with you employers attorney. Or go with some good reference

Do they have any quota for L-1 VISA to obtain the Green Card? Does it take the long time like other Green Card (Family Based) which quite take long time to obtain the Green Card?