When is the earliest I can start working for a new employer?

Registered Users (C)
Anyone, please help!
1. Is it possible to e-file I 129 for an H1B1 transfer and extension? If so, am I allowed to start working for a new employer as soon as the receipt of electronic filing has been received (which would mean instantly)?
2. My attorney (who never mentioned a possibility of e-filing) strongly advises that I should wait until we receive a receipt notice of filing I-129 from the CIS Service Center before I start working for the new employer. The employer wants me to start working as soon as we have a Fed-ex receipt of delivery of the application. The attorney says this would still represent a risk, since if, for example, there is anything missing in the application, it would not actually have been received, and, in such a case, I would be working unauthorized. According to the attorney it should take 7-10 days to get an actual receipt notice from the Vermont Service Center, but I also see on these forums that it could take much longer.

Whom should I listen to?

I really need to start working for the new employer ASAP for several reasons, the most important one being a need for PERM to be filed before Christmas. However I don’t want to get in an even greater trouble by violating my status.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

When did u apply? Was it premium?

Your attorney is right, you should wait at least until the actual USCIS receipt is obtained.

Thanks,
They haven't applied yet, they are preparing the application. I hope they file it next week. It is not permium.