When does the H1B Quota usually get used up by?

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
H1B apllications are accepted starting April 1, 2007. How soon does the Quots get exhausted. By September/October?

I heard Premium Processing may actually hurt your chances of approval, because if they are in a hurry to process your application before the promised due dat ( 30 days is it? ) and they can't get to it, they simply send you a RFE which kills the promised due date and extends it indefinitely.

Well last year it got over on 15th May I believe. This year they are predicting, 15th April!!! I would fedex the papers out on March 30th ...good luck

source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1541032.cms

bkd52 said:
H1B apllications are accepted starting April 1, 2007. How soon does the Quots get exhausted. By September/October?

I heard Premium Processing may actually hurt your chances of approval, because if they are in a hurry to process your application before the promised due dat ( 30 days is it? ) and they can't get to it, they simply send you a RFE which kills the promised due date and extends it indefinitely.

Last year it quota was used up on May 26. Yhis year it will be even faster.
Although there is no harm in doing the premium processing, but I don;t hink there is any need to do it. Becasue the start date will still be on 10/01/2007 or after that.

HiB visa 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to know that means that one woiuld have to wait for the 6 months to get approval. What if your employer wants you there as soon as possible?

Someone also please tell me when the last CAP date is?

Nadine