When can I expect my Oath..

oath_pending

Registered Users (C)
My Interview date was 7-22-2003, I cleared my interview and declared passed, but officer said my name is in the check list, God know which list. And she told, I'll receive a letter for Oath Ceremony once cleared. It's been a year since. Just waiting. Do I need to do something or just wait?

You can do several things:
- Write a letter to FBI requesting your records based on Freedom of Information Act
- Contact your congressperson/senator
- Write a letter to your interviewing officer
- Contact FBI about the status of your name check

Search this forum with "FBI name check" - there is quite a bit of useful info there.

oath_pending said:
My Interview date was 7-22-2003, I cleared my interview and declared passed, but officer said my name is in the check list, God know which list. And she told, I'll receive a letter for Oath Ceremony once cleared. It's been a year since. Just waiting. Do I need to do something or just wait?

Did you write any letters or called FBI etc.? If yes what was their response? Do you have any common name? or any other issues (past or present)? Did you apply for citizenship based or marriage to a citizen?

oath_pending said:

Do u have a muslim name?

My oath pending too. Coz' muslim name

My details:
PD Jan., 2003
FP Feb., 2003
Interview, July, 2003
FBI name check clearance 11th Feb., 2004

Oath still waiting....

Have spoken to a lawyer and will see if a decision is made or not?

Oath Pending

How do I contact FBI do you have a number/address where i can reach them. Could you please forward it to me...

Thanks

n400la said:
You can do several things:
- Write a letter to FBI requesting your records based on Freedom of Information Act
- Contact your congressperson/senator
- Write a letter to your interviewing officer
- Contact FBI about the status of your name check

Search this forum with "FBI name check" - there is quite a bit of useful info there.

hm11 said:
Did you write any letters or called FBI etc.? If yes what was their response? Do you have any common name? or any other issues (past or present)? Did you apply for citizenship based or marriage to a citizen?

I wanted to check with you whether you got a call for oath ceremony. i got a letter my oath date is sep 22nd 2004

good luck

ibm101 said:
Do u have a muslim name?

My oath pending too. Coz' muslim name

My details:
PD Jan., 2003
FP Feb., 2003
Interview, July, 2003
FBI name check clearance 11th Feb., 2004

Oath still waiting....

Have spoken to a lawyer and will see if a decision is made or not?

I wanted to check with you whether you got a call for oath ceremony. i got a letter my oath date is sep 22nd 2004

good luck :)

oath_pending said:

After Sept 22nd will you chance your name to oath_completed?

Congrats in your step towards the final dream of US citizenship. After you take the oath, remember to be a responsible citizen.

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

oath_pending said:

good luck

I am alreday a Proud Citizen of US.
Congratulations to you on getting your oath letter. Did you contact your congressman or senator to get this letter?
Good luck and congratulations again!

oath_pending said:

Congrats for ur oath letter

For me No luck yet :( :mad:

Hey can u give me your details plz like PD, FP, FBI clearance etc. R u from Oakland CA?????????

Me waiting forever..........

Last edited by a moderator:
hm11 said:
I am alreday a Proud Citizen of US.
Congratulations to you on getting your oath letter. Did you contact your congressman or senator to get this letter?
Good luck and congratulations again!

Great!!! Congratulations
Luckily i didn't have to contact any congressman or senator, i wrote a letter to the officer who inteviewed me, enquiring the status of my application and they send me for finger printing again and 1 month after finger printing i got the letter for oath.

ibm101 said:
Congrats for ur oath letter

For me No luck yet :( :mad:

Hey can u give me your details plz like PD, FP, FBI clearance etc. R u from Oakland CA?????????

Me waiting forever..........

I am not from Oakland and i have no details of when my FBI clearance took place i did not call FBI.
I send a letter to the officer who interviewed me enquiring about my status and after they send for finger printing and 1 month later i got the letter. So if you haven't tried writing to the officer do that and see if it helps speed up the process

Good luck!!