What's Going on With Processing Dates?

enlightened

Registered Users (C)

Those suckers don't seem to be moving. Since I filed my I140/I485 (July 2008), case status for I-140 didn't advance by even 1 week. What gives?

Does that mean that we'll be going from usual 1 year processing time for those cases to something more like 2 years? I wish there was some premium processing where I could just throw a couple thousand dollars at some incompetent government worker to get on with my case...

/end rant

Not sure how they fix the dates either

Those suckers don't seem to be moving. Since I filed my I140/I485 (July 2008), case status for I-140 didn't advance by even 1 week. What gives?

Does that mean that we'll be going from usual 1 year processing time for those cases to something more like 2 years? I wish there was some premium processing where I could just throw a couple thousand dollars at some incompetent government worker to get on with my case...

/end rant

I think you meant July 2007 and i am on the same boat. They say average national time is 12 months and mine is on 140 close to 15 months now. Premium is not an option so far. I think i saw that 5 months is a normal time for 140 on their website also which makes me thinks that they have lost touch of reality or have total incompetence on what a workload management is and planning skill set.

No - I meant July 2008, I just filed a few months back... INS is just plain stupid - they could charge 10,000 for premium processing, and thousands of people would be more than glad to pay. No wonder this country is going down the toilet...

Did you hear anything about your I-140? My husband is still waiting for his approval of the I-140 (RD April 26, 2007).
I called USCIS on Wednesday and some lady told me that either he or my lawyer needed to call for a servce request, since it's already out of their processing time frame.
So tonight we called and was told by another IO that we can't call for the service request. That I was given the wrong info over the phone and that either the lawyer or employer has to do this.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
What should we do?
My PD is current and has been for a while.
Should I call congressman's office?
I am already tired. Have been dealing with USCIS (or INS) for the past 17+ years). I am waiting for the day to divorce them and be set free.:confused:

I think you meant July 2007 and i am on the same boat. They say average national time is 12 months and mine is on 140 close to 15 months now. Premium is not an option so far. I think i saw that 5 months is a normal time for 140 on their website also which makes me thinks that they have lost touch of reality or have total incompetence on what a workload management is and planning skill set.