What to answer on lie to immigration officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy505

Registered Users (C)
Experts please answer the following scenario:

I was coming from India and my mother has packed some guavas to eat during my flight. Somehow she packed those in my check in bags. I completely forgot about those during my flight. When I filled my immigration form where it asks that, Are you bringing any fruits etc? I marked as NO. I passed the immigration and came to baggage claim, I could smell the guavas. I went to screening counter and admitted to them that some guavas are still in my bag. The officer screened the bag and confirmed about the fruits. I open the bag and threw the guavas. The officer told me that since you confirmed that you have guavas, there is no citation, or penalty etc. I did not receive anything officially from officer. I did not paid any fine etc and do not have any document to attach with N-400.

Now the question is that, should I answer ‘YES’ or “NO” to the question, have you ever lied to any government official to gain entry or admission to United States?

Experts please answer the following scenario:

I was coming from India and my mother has packed some guavas to eat during my flight. Somehow she packed those in my check in bags. I completely forgot about those during my flight. When I filled my immigration form where it asks that, Are you bringing any fruits etc? I marked as NO. I passed the immigration and came to baggage claim, I could smell the guavas. I went to screening counter and admitted to them that some guavas are still in my bag. The officer screened the bag and confirmed about the fruits. I open the bag and threw the guavas. The officer told me that since you confirmed that you have guavas, there is no citation, or penalty etc. I did not receive anything officially from officer. I did not paid any fine etc and do not have any document to attach with N-400.

Now the question is that, should I answer ‘YES’ or “NO” to the question, have you ever lied to any government official to gain entry or admission to United States?

Since this is a duplicate post and the OP posted the same question in another thread, I am locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.