1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

What to answer on lie to immigration officer.

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by andy505, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy505

andy505 Registered Users (C)

Experts please answer the following scenario:

I was coming from India and my mother has packed some guavas to eat during my flight. Somehow she packed those in my check in bags. I completely forgot about those during my flight. When I filled my immigration form where it asks that, Are you bringing any fruits etc? I marked as NO. I passed the immigration and came to baggage claim, I could smell the guavas. I went to screening counter and admitted to them that some guavas are still in my bag. The officer screened the bag and confirmed about the fruits. I open the bag and threw the guavas. The officer told me that since you confirmed that you have guavas, there is no citation, or penalty etc. I did not receive anything officially from officer. I did not paid any fine etc and do not have any document to attach with N-400.

Now the question is that, should I answer ‘YES’ or “NO” to the question, have you ever lied to any government official to gain entry or admission to United States?
  2. vdostoi1

vdostoi1 Volunteer Moderator

Since this is a duplicate post and the OP posted the same question in another thread, I am locking it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.