1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What support documents do i need for Visa of my parents

Discussion in 'Political Asylum in USA' started by Asylee13, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Asylee13

    Asylee13 Registered Users (C)

    I want to call my parents to US for a visit and have some questions regarding that:

    1) Is there some web site to get list of support documents i need to send back home
    2) My country consulate has some a support document which after
    notarization can be used as support documents for Hi-B visa holder. I
    don't know it is okay to use that.
  2. annaraka

    annaraka Registered Users (C)


    You do not need much vor a visitor visa for your parents. As far as I know, all you need to send is an affidavit of support. (It has guidelines and income requirements, though)

    The most important thing for your parents, to be able to get a visa, is that they can show to the American consulate or embassy, that they have every intention of returning to their country after the visit, and not seek any immigration benefits here.

    They need to show either proof of income or steady job or business, land or property ownership, or other children and family toward whom they may have responsibilities in their home country, which would require their prompt return. It will also depend greatly on your parents' age.

    Toward some countries they are more lenient and toward others they have more stringent requirements; meaning if you are from a certain country it is easier to get a visitor visa to the US, than from others.

    I was able to secure a visa for my aunt through my congresswoman. I sent my aunt an invitation letter for my graduation, and gave a copy to my congressoffice; they sent a letter to the counsulate in the country where my aunt was applying.

    Good luck,


    P.S. My aunt was granted a visa, but my young male cousin was not.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2005
  3. thankful

    thankful Registered Users (C)

    Young people have a very high chance of ovestaying their visas.
  4. Asylee13

    Asylee13 Registered Users (C)

    Where can i find format for affidivit of support? And annaraka.. you sent an invitation for your graduation. Well i don't have graduation..i think i might be able to send invitation to see me. But again there has to be some standard language right ? Anybody know of place to find these forms?
  5. cadel

    cadel Registered Users (C)

    Invitation is a simple letter stating that you're going to invit someone.it's not a specific form.Your letter must bo notarized.As GC holder,you're allowed to do this.But the thing is,to obtain a visa,it's not a matter of any kind of paper you're gonna send,except petition approval letter.Visa issuance is matter of country where they live.Example:If you live in England as a PR,you get a US vias without any problem if you show proof of work.If you live in Afghanistan as afghan citizen or PR,you have to proof you're rich and you are not going to stay in US.
  6. annaraka

    annaraka Registered Users (C)

    If there is any special occasion for which you want your parents to be present, it always helps. It has worked for me twice. Once with a letter from my college advisor, for my father; and the other time was graduation. I don't know, be creative; but that does not in any way guarantee their grant of visa.

    The affidavit of support form is I-134, and it is on the cis site.


    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2005
  7. mmbutt

    mmbutt Registered Users (C)

Share This Page