what should i do? Company does not exist now

prakash77

I got an rfe on 140 asking for an employment verification letter from my previous employer. Now the company does not exist. i am not sure what I have to do. lawyer says to get that letter but i don't have any options. Any Help or suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance.

prakash77 said:
I got an rfe on 140 asking for an employment verification letter from my previous employer. Now the company does not exist. i am not sure what I have to do. lawyer says to get that letter but i don't have any options. Any Help or suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance.

You can get letters from your previous Supervisors / Co workers that you ware working in that company in that position during that time which is now closed/sold...

How about producing coworker affidavit, paystubs, tax forms, W2, employment offer / resignation letter etc
You could use them as proof ?

prakash77 said:
Do any of you have the format of getting afidavit from co-workers. Please let me know.
Following could be one:

AFFIDAVIT

I, JOHN DOE, do hereby solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:

1. I am over twenty-one years of age and otherwise competent to
make this affidavit.

2. I am currently employed with XYZ CORP., MAIN ST. CITY, ST ZIP.

3. During the period from MM/YYYY to MM/YYYY, I was employed
with IJK CORP., 1ST ST. CITY, ST ZIP, in the capacity of
ORACLE DBA.

4. From MM/YYYY to MM/YYYY I was a co-worker of Mr. JOSE OLE,
who worked for IJK CORP., 1ST ST. CITY, ST ZIP, as a
C++ PROGRAMMER, and to my knowledge he was working no
less than 48 hours per week.

5. I certify that as a ORACLE DBA, to my knowledge Mr. JOSE OLE
performed the following duties:

DESIGNED THIS, WROTE THAT, FIXED THIS ETC ETC.

6. Also during this time I worked with Mr. JOSE OLE on following
projects:
PROJECT 1
PROJECT 2

Date: MM/DD/YYYY SIGN-HERE
JOHN DOE

I hereby declare under penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws
of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. ' 1746) that the
foregoing is true and correct.

Executed on MM/DD/YYYY at 2ND ST. CITY, ST ZIP

SIGN-HERE
JOHN DOE

prakash77 said:

Did you get an RFE for employment verification letter or experience letter? I never heard that BCIS asked for an employment verification letter from a previous employer during I-140. If could post the exact RFE, people on this forum may help you better.

BTW, are you EB2 or EB3?