What should I do after my fiancee got the visa?

tmitim1983

Registered Users (C)
Hello, everybody. My fiancee got her visa, and already came to the US. Now we already got the marriage license, and we trying to get to the next step. What we should do now to get the green card for my wife? I tried to contact the local immigration department, but they don't talk to walk-in "customers". So please help us here. What we should do next. What kind forms we need file, and what necessary steps we need go through.

Thanks for any advice.

I suggest that you visit www.uscis.gov and read information about what to do after your fiancee arrives in the US. I assume she has a K1 visa. On the homepage of the USCIS website, look for the words: Fiance(e) Visas. Click on it and read some information there then, on the right side of the website, click on "Green Card (Permanent Residence).

How to contact USCIS, go down to the bottom of the website and click on "Contact Us".

Good luck!

I suggest that you visit www.uscis.gov and read information about what to do after your fiancee arrives in the US. I assume she has a K1 visa. On the homepage of the USCIS website, look for the words: Fiance(e) Visas. Click on it and read some information there then, on the right side of the website, click on "Green Card (Permanent Residence).

How to contact USCIS, go down to the bottom of the website and click on "Contact Us".

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. But before applying for a green card, are we supposed to let immigration department know that we are married already? How do we notify them?

Thanks for your reply. But before applying for a green card, are we supposed to let immigration department know that we are married already? How do we notify them?

Didn't your fiancee get any instructions from the US Embassy in her country after she successfully obtained a K1 visa? I suppose you know that after she enters POE, she has 90 days to rectify her status. Look at the date of entry in her I-94 form and consider how many days she has left to rectify her residency status.

Of course, before you two approach the USCIS office, you two will need to be already married and have a marriage license.

I guess a local or nearest USCIS office is the best place to start with. Again, check the USCIS website for contact details and what forms to use to apply with. Do apply immediately after you two obtain a marriage license so to be on the safe side. If you submit the papers well before the 90-day deadline, do not worry if the application process will take longer than 90 days. They will know that you submitted on time.

help to know please about my visa i applied

we applied fiancee' visa and i already done with the interviews too but the window71 or 72 only put stamp on my confirmation letter says: BIO F/S DONE June 11,2013 IMMIGRATION VISA UNIT, can someone help me to know what does it mean? how will i know that i am approved or not? thank you and God bless you