What next after receiving NORI

SwapnaLucky

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,
I will be very happy if somebody can clarify my doubt. I have received NORI from all the three departments from India. I do not know how to go ahead further.

1. My guess is that I have to send all the three NORI copies to the Indian Consulate (San Fransisco), right?. If so what are all the documents I must send along with the copies of NORI?

2. Is there any fee that I should pay? I have already obtained the case number after paying the fee($215).

Hi SwapnaLucky,

On receipt of clearance from all three offices mentioned above, send a photocopy of attested set of form and affidavit
with your passport, clearances received, and a fee of $20.00 along with mailing fee of US $ 10 for Priority Mail or
US $ 20 for USPS Express mail. (in the form of Money Order/Certified check) to the Consular Section, Consulate
General of India, San Francisco, for further processing. Please also clearly indicate your CASE NUMBER given by US
Immigration authorities. The Consulate General shall issue the waiver certificate and forward it to the Embassy of India
in Washington DC for onward transmission to the US Immigration Authority who will notify the applicant directly
regarding its acceptance

Also, I had one doubt regarding J1 Waiver...
I Still haven't started with My process yet. But... during the step which involves sending the Bio data form and affidavit ( 4 copies) to the consulate for attestation, do you have to send your passport too? In other words.. isn't a photocopy of the passport enough?
I am asking you this question because, what if I want to travel back to India for a vacation during the waiver process? If I don't have my passport along with me.. that means i cannot leave the country?

Original passport/passports

Hi,
You must send the original passport or passports (if you have two). The consulate knows this problem that everybody needs the passport and therefore they process it quickly and send it back to you within 10-15 days. I got it in about 12 days. Good luck to you and thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Hey.. thanks for the reply.

But now I have another doubt. As you said, they will send the passport back in 10 - 12 days, after stage 1 ( i.e. when you initially send the 4 notarized forms for attestation to the consulate along with your passport) But in the last stage of the process, you again have to send your passport back to them with the received NORI's to the consulate for final approval. Their website quotes that this process takes 4-6 weeks. Does this mean this will keep my passport for that long? Or will they again send it back to me within 10-12 days ( I might need to go out of country during that time)

Waiting for your reply :)

Thanks

J1 Waiver case update in DOS website

Hello friends,

I have got my j1 waiver case number online and sent the documents to the Waiver Review Division, St. Louis on Feb-21-2008 and still my case is not updated online in the case update website. Can you tell me how long will it take to show my case status online...thank you.

Hi Everybody,
I will be very happy if somebody can clarify my doubt. I have received NORI from all the three departments from India. I do not know how to go ahead further.

1. My guess is that I have to send all the three NORI copies to the Indian Consulate (San Fransisco), right?. If so what are all the documents I must send along with the copies of NORI?

2. Is there any fee that I should pay? I have already obtained the case number after paying the fee($215).

STAGE III :
On receipt of clearance from all three offices, send an attested set of form and affidavit with clearances received, indicating clearly the CASE NUMBER, along with a fees of US $20.00 and self addressed stamped envelop for return mail for further processing. The Consulate General shall issue the waiver certificate and forward it to the Embassy of India in Washington DC for onward transmission to the US Immigration Authority who will notify the applicant directly regarding its acceptance.

Hi Sushant,
In your case I would advise you to go directly to the consulate. They will issue the waiver certificate on the same day and you will get your passport back. Otherwise it might take 3 weeks minimum for the whole process.