What need to be done for starting a Software Consultancy?

GC050102

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Planning to start a Software Consultancy (I know this is not a better time to start it, but wanted to have one). What are the requirements and things to be done, can somebody share their experiences? I'm in AOS (485 pending).

Re: Re: What need to be done for starting a Software Consultancy?

Originally posted by JoeF
Be more specific. Your question is like "I want to buy a car, can you tell me how to do that?"
For example: Employees or not? How many employees? Business form? etc.
Start by reading this: http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99336,00.html

In addition, note that you have to continue working for your sponsoring employer fulltime. You can not sponsor yourself through your company.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll still work for my employer, will use my wife's EAD for starting the company. As I've already said, it will be software consultancy, without any employees (Head hunter stuff), getting the requirements and placing people. If I have one now, may be in near future (after a couple of years), I can make it grow.

Any inputs appreciated.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What need to be done for starting a Software Consultancy?

Originally posted by JoeF
First issue here: what do you actually want to do? This is not a "software consultancy", this is a headhunting and placement business.
If you don't have employees, the people you place may be subcontractors, or there may be some other agreement.
Define these kinds of things first.
And, read the link I provided (and all the links on that page.)
I think that you haven't defined your business model yet. That has to come first.

Ok, here it goes,

- The name will be xxx software consultants (for future expansion)
- All I will be doing is, placement business (as you said)
- I have some contacts with Vendors, and also with some companies who provide thier employees details for sub contracting
- When I get a requirement (software), I'll contact them and get their resume, talk to them to make sure they suit the requirement and then submit them
- I'll have company contracts between me and the vendors and other companies who I deal with.

I do have a pretty good idea (business model) of what I'll be doing (just I didn't post it here), all I was asking is how to register and expenses (yearly) and any personal experiences from anybody....... stuff like that.

have u started it already ?

hi GC050102

have you started your software consultancy already ? I'm in the same boat and if you can pass the steps you have followed to start it, would appreciate that. Please provide me details to either to this form or to my emsil id : rm_72756@yahoo.com.

thanks
Raj