What is the Grace period given for H1B extension once the petition is received!!!

ominbox

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for H1B extension and my case (I129 PETITION) was received on August 19th 2008. The case status is shown as "Case received and pending.".
My current I94 is valid till Oct 1st 2008 (and same is my first term H1B VISA expiry date) and that is my concern if I don't receive the approval in time.

I would like to know, what is the Grace period we get once our 'H1B extension petition' is received by USCIS, to be in good status till we receive our approval.

Please help me with this information...
Thank you all in advance.

You are fine since your petition is in processing.

"Grace period" on the forums normally means the 60 day period that a student has to leave the US after completing his studies since a student's are normally given a D/S I-94. There is no similar concept for H1B.

You are fine since your petition is in processing.

"Grace period" on the forums normally means the 60 day period that a student has to leave the US after completing his studies since a student's are normally given a D/S I-94. There is no similar concept for H1B.

Hi,

Just wanted to clear that the H1B extension is for the 2nd term of the remaining 3 years in the States and not for F1/student visa.
What in that case? Everyone says its 240 grace days, but where has it mentioned? And how can I get my driver's permit renewal as my case would be pending and visa would be expired, so will DMV issue me a permit considering those 240 days after my permit is expired (which is expiring on the same date of 1st terms visa).

Please help me with the info.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In your case it would be 240 days from the date your I-94 expires. Beyond that you can stay in the country as long as application is pending but not authorised to work..
my case is oct 29, 2007 and still pending in security check..