What is the address for sending the reentry permit documents?

BB72

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Anyone filed a reentry permit before please help me. I am kinda confused by the info on USCIS website. Can anyone please tell me where should I send the reentry permit documents, any info is helpful,

Thank you very much,
BB

Just download the form I-131. The details are given in the form, it is a very simple form to fill in. You need to send to Nebraska.

send the I-131 to NSC on the address that is for filing I-131 and out side the envelope write in big bold letters form I-31 for Reentry permit

Which PO Box number I should use for reentry permit?

ginnu said:
send the I-131 to NSC on the address that is for filing I-131 and out side the envelope write in big bold letters form I-31 for Reentry permit

Ginnu, Do you know which PO Box number is for reentry permit?

Thank you very much, BB

I-131
Application for Travel Document

(Note: If you are submitting Form I-131 and/or Form I-765 with your Form I-485, please send the entire package to the P.O. Box listed for Form I-485. If you are submitting Form I-485, Form I-131, and/or Form I-765 with your Form I-140, please send the entire package to the P.O. Box listed for concurrent filings for Form I-140.)
P.O. Box 87131
Lincoln, NE 68501-7131

I-131
Application for Travel Document
(HRIFA application for advance parole for dependents outside the U.S. only)
P.O. Box 87245
Lincoln, NE 68501-7245

N-470/I-131 question

rg585 said:
Just download the form I-131. The details are given in the form, it is a very simple form to fill in. You need to send to Nebraska.

Hi,
I have two questions regarding re-entry permit, I-131. When I read the instruction, it says that I need to file N-470 to preserve residence for naturalization purpose. Should I file it even if I don't want naturalization?

Another question is that,
In fact, my husband is going to file I-131 in 2/18(Friday) and will leave U.S.A in 2/22.
In order to do that, he will send the document on 2/17 (Thursday) with next day delivery. Do you think it is safe to leave 2/22? If yes, which one is better payment method bwt personal check and money order? Or it doesn't matter?

What is calss of admission?

ginnu said:

Hi Ginnu,

Can I ask you something? In I-131, part1, 3: class of admission. Do you know what I should fill in? I have "Category:E39" on my GC, is that it?

Thank you very much,
B

lgkang said:
Hi,
I have two questions regarding re-entry permit, I-131. When I read the instruction, it says that I need to file N-470 to preserve residence for naturalization purpose. Should I file it even if I don't want naturalization?

Another question is that,
In fact, my husband is going to file I-131 in 2/18(Friday) and will leave U.S.A in 2/22.
In order to do that, he will send the document on 2/17 (Thursday) with next day delivery.
---- to be safe,why not to mail on 2/16 with next day delivery??
Do you think it is safe to leave 2/22? If yes, which one is better payment method bwt personal check and money order? Or it doesn't matter?
----------it doesn't matter, but I will send Personal Check so that when USCIS cash it I can see the reciept # at back side of the cashed check( you need copy of cashed check from Bank and many bank like Wachovia you can print the copy online from Bank site) becase some time they send the recipt late and the person does not know about the status

BB72 said:
Hi Ginnu,

Can I ask you something? In I-131, part1, 3: class of admission. Do you know what I should fill in? I have "Category:E39" on my GC, is that it?
------------------ Many are confused about this item the best thing is to write on the cover letter:

EXPLANATION of Part 1, 3: my latest entry to US was on H1, or AP or with Permanent resident card, I last entered US through POE on date…. my status in US is Permanent resident or Green Card holder, please find the Copy of Green Card attached

Thank you very much,
B

I got my GC card 2 weeks back, Can some one let me know why we need
I-131 (AP) after GC ??????????????

is it for dependents who's GC pending ????????? :confused:

NYC123 said:
I got my GC card 2 weeks back, Can some one let me know why we need
I-131 (AP) after GC ??????????????
------ if you got GC you dont need AP , the other poster wants to get reentry permit and for AP or Rentry permit same form I-131 is used and reentry permit can be applied with NSC, once you file reentry permit you need to be in US but reentry permit can also picked up from US consulate after it gets approved, with reentry one can stay out of US for 2 years, he/she needs to be back before the reentry permit expires.
is it for dependents who's GC pending ????????? :confused:

Hi all,

Today, I am seeing foll. address on USCIS site for sending the REP application.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

I am confused. Where should we send? To chicago or Nebraska?

Thanks,

sshah1001 said:
Hi all,

Today, I am seeing foll. address on USCIS site for sending the REP application.

P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

I am confused. Where should we send? To chicago or Nebraska?

Thanks,
Nebraska