what is NAMECHECK??

rcp2000

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, when I called Mumbai AC to inquire regarding my Interview status. Lady replied, they have sent my name for NAMECHECK. I try to search immigrationportal engine to get more details on namecheck. But all efforts fail.
Can anyone help why/what this name-check is for?
Second question, Do this name-check has to do something with spouse?
(Consulate lady said they have not sent my spouse name for name-check, as they donot have her detail information)
My case is in EB3 and I-140 was approved for CP. I got my case # from NVC.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

ph number

can you please pass on the the phone number that you used to reach the consulate and the time when
   you called.

everytime i call the consulate - no one seems to be picking uup the phone.

please help.

don\'t worry...everybody goes through it

This is FBI name check. To check for any record (criminal, terrorist, fraud, etc.) that the authorities in the US have for you. Sometimes if your name rhymes or is exactly the same as a terrorist or FBI most wanted, they do a little more scrutiny. But i guess if you haven\'t had any such things in your past, you don\'t have to worry.

When you get your interview date...that indicates your name check was cleared OK.

and there is nothing you have to do or you can do about it. it\'s their internal matter. you can definitely worry about getting Indian PCC which is equivalent of FBI Name Check for your Indian stay.

Name check. is done after the interview is scheduled

One family was delayed because the husband\'s name was same as another guy who had an FBI fraud file.
Consulate requested more info from applicant and also from the FBI and the applicant was cleared upon further scruitiny.

If you have been clean with INS/IRS and FBI then you are good

Thanks folks

Thank you folks, it help me a lot.
One more question, Consulate lady said they didnot do name-check on my spouse. Now does this sounds OK or there is some problem.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,