What information is on the Certificate of Naturalization?

EastBay_003

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

What information other than the Name and Date of Naturalization is included in the Certificate ?.

Is there a site where a sample Certificate can be viewed?.

Thanks
EastBay_003

Your name, your picture, your signature, the date, a paragraph stating that the secretary of the department of homeland security has evaluated your application and decided that you meet the requirements and that you took the oath of citizenship (more or less).

There is also a certificate number, and, I think your A# might be on it as well.

Maybe your birth date?

Why are you asking?

EastBay_003 said:
Hi,

What information other than the Name and Date of Naturalization is included in the Certificate ?.

Is there a site where a sample Certificate can be viewed?.

Thanks
EastBay_003
Try the following site: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

I don't know how current the information is but will give you an idea as to how the certificate looks.

It also has "Former Nationality", though it means nothing if your former country(ies) does not consider the US oath of allegiance as your renounciation of citizenship. In my case, both Pakistan and Canada still consider me their citizen exclusively.

Flydog said:
Your name, your picture, your signature, the date, a paragraph stating that the secretary of the department of homeland security has evaluated your application and decided that you meet the requirements and that you took the oath of citizenship (more or less).

There is also a certificate number, and, I think your A# might be on it as well.

Maybe your birth date?

Why are you asking?