1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

What information is on the Certificate of Naturalization?

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by EastBay_003, Nov 29, 2006.

1. EastBay_003

EastBay_003 Registered Users (C)

Hi,

What information other than the Name and Date of Naturalization is included in the Certificate ?.

Is there a site where a sample Certificate can be viewed?.

Thanks
    EastBay_003
  2. Flydog

Flydog Registered Users (C)

Your name, your picture, your signature, the date, a paragraph stating that the secretary of the department of homeland security has evaluated your application and decided that you meet the requirements and that you took the oath of citizenship (more or less).

There is also a certificate number, and, I think your A# might be on it as well.

Maybe your birth date?

Why are you asking?
  3. N400Applier

N400Applier Registered Users (C)

Try the following site: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

I don't know how current the information is but will give you an idea as to how the certificate looks.
  4. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

It also has "Former Nationality", though it means nothing if your former country(ies) does not consider the US oath of allegiance as your renounciation of citizenship. In my case, both Pakistan and Canada still consider me their citizen exclusively.