• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What if VB gets current in Aug and September?

sunil_link

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, just want to know that if suppose the last vb of asia says 9000 i.e. in July and rest of the two months gets current....my CN is 98**.. So will i get an interview date?

Looking at the current movement of VB of Asia..i doubt it would hit 9k or not..by the way do u know how much visas do they issue for Asia?

Doesnt it mean that there are enough visas for everyone, not that everyone is necessarily getting an interview.

Looking at the current movement of VB of Asia..i doubt it would hit 9k or not..by the way do u know how much visas do they issue for Asia?

In DV13 Asia issued 9.4k visa and still not hitting the regional quota so we can assume it going to be 9.5k to 10k. As for the max case # I would expect it to reached at least 15k (worst case scenario) to 21k. Remember as of 31 Dec 2013 Asia only issued slightly above 1.2k visas and case # of 2650 and below is pretty dense. So, every month we can monitor the CEAC data and see how well it progress.

So what about coming vb cutoffs? We've been disappointed for 6months now..are we really going to see some expected progress? Will there be many holes? Is asia really going to hit more than 10k cutoff this year with this current movement of VB? I wonder..

So what about coming vb cutoffs? We've been disappointed for 6months now..are we really going to see some expected progress? Will there be many holes? Is asia really going to hit more than 10k cutoff this year with this current movement of VB? I wonder..

The first 6 months of the dv are always been slow they run on the first gear! The cutoffs gets bigger and bigger from the may month they put the second gear and so on untill full speed in the month (september).

Doesnt it mean that there are enough visas for everyone, not that everyone is necessarily getting an interview.

If there are enough visas for everyone, why would someone not get an interview? The only people who wouldn't get interviews would be if their country hits the country limit surely?

I wish to get an interview..but damn this VB is really moving in a slow pace..hope these remaining six months would bring a massive improvement..

Its 98**..do u think this is safe? Because i don't think they will reach upto 10k with this movement..in my opinion the only chance is when VB gets current..(just my thoughts but i hope it reaches above 15k)

Its 98**..do u think this is safe? Because i don't think they will reach upto 10k with this movement..in my opinion the only chance is when VB gets current..(just my thoughts but i hope it reaches above 15k)

2 things.

1. I don't think many/any regions will go current this year.
2. Your number is safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon, it is correct though that even though a region may go current it does not mean that everyone who is current will receive an interview, I mean while the chances are good if your region turns current and that there will be enough visas it still doesnt guarantee you an interview 100% does it.

Simon, it is correct though that even though a region may go current it does not mean that everyone who is current will receive an interview, I mean while the chances are good if your region turns current and that there will be enough visas it still doesnt guarantee you an interview 100% does it.

Well "normally" if the region is current it should mean there are enough visas to meet remaining demand and in theory they should also have capacity to schedule all the interviews. I can see some cases where that would not be the case however, for example if a region were current but one embassy had issues with scheduling interviews because of security reasons or the case of Iran in 2013 where the region was current but the country hit a limit so scheduled interviews were cancelled. However these cases would be an exception, not the expected norm.

I disagree with mijoro... By definition if it goes current there are visas available so obviously interviews can be scheduled for everyone. There may be exceptions per country as mentioned but the principle stands for the region.

Any Chance to get an Interview

Hi,

I'm from Sri Lanka and my CN is AS00015xxx. Do you guys think my number is in safe range with the current situation? Im really dissapointed about VB. Please help :confused:

Even though KCC accelerate the number of interview per month (for Asia) , i don't think there will be a problem of capability.. Because in DV 2012 the num of CN they have interviewed (per month) from Oct 11 to May 12 respectively 8000,2000,5000,3500,5400,3100,5600,7900 ..... It says Asian embassies can bare such num of interviews per month.