What Happens If Employer Cancels the H1B After I got the EAD Through my spouse?

hymav

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I got an EAD Approved and I got the EAD Card also last month. But This EAD Approval from my husband's green card process.

I am on H1B, My employer wants to cancel the H1B Now.

Am I going to be illeagal status if my employer cancels my H1B?

and My husbands 140 Is not yet approved. We went for a concurrent filing and we got the EAD Approval about a Month back.

I know there are lot of gurus on this forums, Please guide me what to do now. Thanks for all the replies....

H....

As long as you have your EAD you can work, But their is one risk in that, If your Green card is rejected then your EAD no longer remain valid. You become out of status immediately. You have to renew your EAD every year. H1B can remain valid for more that one year. If you depend on your husband for Green card and he has valid H1B then get H4 approved and stamped. You can continue working on EAD and you can stay here in US on EAD(Crosscheck with Lawyer). EAD is alternative to H1B. You need to get Advance Parol if you want to travel outside country. It takes approximately 2-3 months to get that. According to me it is safe to get H4 stamped if you have plans to travel. H4 Approval and Stamping takes 3 months.

I hope this helps.

Sachin:)