What does it mean with the reply for Pending I-485

saltywater

Registered Users (C)
Hello, everyone.

I applied I-485 base on asylum on Apr 19,2016. After 8 months waiting, I made a phone call to USCIS last month, they said they would send a reply email to me. The following is what the email says I just received.,

""U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate your application is currently pending and has been pre-adjudicated. Final review by an officer is dependent upon approval of the Form I-140 as well as visa availability based on your category and priority date. Please keep your mailing address current to avoid missing any correspondence or notices."

I never applied i-140 which is for Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. I am wondering if USCIS messed it up. Anybody else experienced this?

Any reply appreciated.

That is over that reasonable time for green card based on asylum. You need to make InfoPass appointment in the nearest USCIS office to see what going on!!
Keep us updated.

Hey guys after reading all these positive posts.want to share my experience.
Appled in oct 2014
Did fingerprints in nov 2014
Got first EAD in may 2015
Got second EAD in august 2016
Got interview after 2 years and 2 months on dec 27.
Interview went really well
The lawyer and the interpreter said that they feel positive that the case will be approved cuz the way the officer wasasking questions.they said i have 90% chances.
Lets hope for the best.have to get my result in Monday jan 09
Will keep u guys updated and hopefully i have positive answer.

That is over that reasonable time for green card based on asylum. You need to make InfoPass appointment in the nearest USCIS office to see what going on!!
Keep us updated.
I will. However I will have 1 month training travel to Phoenix next week. I am trying to make the earliest appointment next month. Thanks @Asylum seeker .

Hey guys after reading all these positive posts.want to share my experience.
Appled in oct 2014
Did fingerprints in nov 2014
Got first EAD in may 2015
Got second EAD in august 2016
Got interview after 2 years and 2 months on dec 27.
Interview went really well
The lawyer and the interpreter said that they feel positive that the case will be approved cuz the way the officer wasasking questions.they said i have 90% chances.
Lets hope for the best.have to get my result in Monday jan 09
Will keep u guys updated and hopefully i have positive answer.
I cross my fingers for u bro.