What does I-824 approval notice say?

cajk

Registered Users (C)
On mine, it is written that "The above application has been approved. We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant\'s status has been adjusted to that of a lawful permanent resident. ...."
But my question is that my status is still nonimmigrant. I didn\'t do adjustment of status in the States. How come the approval notice said I have been adjusted to that? Is this normal? Any gurus have any idea? I am worrying INS just sent a notice to the consulate, not NVC.
Thanks.

No Title

I replied this in the other thread...
but as far as my knowledge goes the approval shouldnot say that...
I-824 is multi purpose form...and two situations are possible....
i) They might have approved for the correct purpose and wrong message has been printed on the approval notice
ii) They might have approved for the wrong purpose overseeing lot of issues.

If it is the first case, you are still OK..the best way to test it call NVC after a week of approval and find out whether they got your case or not....

In any case contact your attorney and ask him/her to call INS and take appropriate action.

thanks,
raju

can anybody tell me how to fill out the I-824 form?

When I file I-824, I chose the third option(totally 3 options). No one is appropriate. The third one seems a litter better. But I stated very clearly that I want to do consular processing. I am afraid that I would have to file another I-824. Can you tell me how you filled out the I-824 form?

Thank you.

2nd option is appropriate!!!

Hi,

I had also appiled for I-824.But i selected the 2nd option which says that a Consulate abroad be notified of the previously approved petition.I am not sure what does 3rd option mean..

Regards,

Yes, you are right. I chose the 2nd one, not the third one.

For such error, what should I do? My lawyer generally replies my request after two months. Can not depend on him. And TSC\'s number is always engaged when I call. Help!

No Title

I am little bit confused....Whether you have selected 2nd or 3 rd option...but even consider that you have selected three , they should verify the facts before approving it....

Anyway, if you apply for the second option then call NVC after a week or two and find out whether your case reached them or not....if it has reached then I believe that should be OK...you can safely ignore this message...otherwise two options for you

i) Asked your attorney or your company HR to call INS and talked to them...if they can modify the option over the internet that should be take care....Even VSC sucks to get phone connection..but no other option...I generally go to my attorney office...try to connect for an hour or two to get connection and talk to them....

ii) Otherwise you have to file I-824 once again and that is burdensome process as that takes it regular time...
  my personal suggestion in that case is rather than filing I-824 file
I-485 because both might take the same time now....

I am sure I selected the 2nd option.

Because I know I am not adjusted to permanent resident And I check the form 3 times before I mailed it out. I even read the explaination on the back of the form.I plan to send a letter to INS TSC. My approval date is Dec. 15. I check AVM of NVC. "The file is not found."
It takes TSC 2 years to process I-485. So, I will stick to I-824 for a while. My lawyer is really not helpful. Thank you. Rajum.