What does a kickback application mean ?

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
I thought I knew how the Labor /GC process worked but now I am thoroughly confused.
Here are some of my case details. Application was filed under RIR. I am a financial analyst in a multi national firm with no major layoffs.
Application sent to TWC : 8/2001
Some questions to Lawyer from TWC : 12/2001
Approved by TWC as per lawyer and sent to DOL Dallas: 3/2002
I had not heard anything from DOL since then. In 2003 I was told that probably my case wasnt going ahead fast because though approved by TWC it may have been non -recommended.
Now on Friday my lawyer called to inform me that he received a letter from Enterject and would be sending me some forms to sign. I thought Enterject took TWC's place - so if my state labor was already approved by* TWC (though non-recomended) why is enterject asking questions. Shouldnt DOL be asking ?
When I asked my lawyer he told me*that my application could have been a DOL kickback ? what does DOL kickback mean ? Can anyone please let me know ?
Appreciate your help.

texancanadian said:
I thought I knew how the Labor /GC process worked but now I am thoroughly confused.
Here are some of my case details. Application was filed under RIR. I am a financial analyst in a multi national firm with no major layoffs.
Application sent to TWC : 8/2001
Some questions to Lawyer from TWC : 12/2001
Approved by TWC as per lawyer and sent to DOL Dallas: 3/2002
I had not heard anything from DOL since then. In 2003 I was told that probably my case wasnt going ahead fast because though approved by TWC it may have been non -recommended.
Now on Friday my lawyer called to inform me that he received a letter from Enterject and would be sending me some forms to sign. I thought Enterject took TWC's place - so if my state labor was already approved by* TWC (though non-recomended) why is enterject asking questions. Shouldnt DOL be asking ?
When I asked my lawyer he told me*that my application could have been a DOL kickback ? what does DOL kickback mean ? Can anyone please let me know ?
Appreciate your help.

The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has outsourced permanent labor certification files to a contractor, Enterject, Inc., (Enterject) Austin, Texas.

TWC so far has transferred regular labor certification cases filed on and after April 27, 2001, RIR labor certification cases filed on and after October 01, 2003, and Special Handling labor certification cases filed on and after October 01, 2003.

Enterject is initially contacting all employers to check if the employees still want to continue with the case. The new contract process is called “Labor Trax”. After gathering initial information, Enterject will start working on the cases in chronological order. The RIR and Special Handling cases will most probably have a separate processing time from the basic cases. Enterject is operating with 16 employees working Monday to Friday 8 AM to 8 PM. There is a tremendous amount of backlog of cases at TWC presently.

After processing, Enterject will send the cases to DOL Region IV office in Dallas for further processing.

A kickback is offically called a Remanded case what that means is that DOL found that they didn't think the RIR had recruited well enough to be approved for Reduction in Recruitment. What that means is the case is sent back to TWC who then sends it to Enterject since they handle the cases for TWC now. From there it follows the Basic process which means the case is reviewed then sent into job order where your employer and TWC do an entire new recruitment for your position. If Enterject has already contacted your lawyer about fixes then that means that the Job Order will soon follow but the time it takes to get to that depends entirely on Enterject.