what do you personally think about Obama?

wattson

Hey
Personally, I think Obama is going through a lot, trying to save the country.
Still, whatever would be your opinion but first you should think of how hard it is to be president. Think of how hard it is to save an ENTIRE country through depression. FDR could only do it because he had extreme help from his wife where as Obama's wife doesn't really play the same role as Eleanor.
What is your opinion?

i hadnt put much thought of the first lady's role, but now that you have mentioned it, i would say if its necessary for the future of the nation and its well being, he should divorce wis wife and get some one like elenore!

lol

Wattson,

So which part of "SAVING" this country you like the most:

1. Pushing the country into multi-trillion dollars debt that you and your children will have to pay back with no or little visible affects.
2. Pushing the universal healthcare in the middle of the economic crisis which will inevitable raise taxes to citizens and businesses which are already shipping jobs which require little education overseas.
3. Granting legal status to illegal aliens (some call them immigrants) after paying $500 fine and waiting 6 years on work visa so they can play the system further and will be legally entitled to SS, medical services etc.

You can cast your vote. But let me tell you he's not very popular here in the South.

Wattson,

So which part of "SAVING" this country you like the most:

1. Pushing the country into multi-trillion dollars debt that you and your children will have to pay back with no or little visible affects.
2. Pushing the universal healthcare in the middle of the economic crisis which will inevitable raise taxes to citizens and businesses which are already shipping jobs which require little education overseas.
3. Granting legal status to illegal aliens (some call them immigrants) after paying $500 fine and waiting 6 years on work visa so they can play the system further and will be legally entitled to SS, medical services etc.

You can cast your vote. But let me tell you he's not very popular here in the South.

One he hasn't granted any "illegal aliens" legal status. That bill is still in the Senate. Don't put the carriage in front of the horse and blame the president for your leaky faucet at home.

Second, what Obama did to better this country DOMESTICALLY is absolutely essential. You want to know what your grandkids will pay for? The endless headless war on terror that we keep pumping billions of dollars to Iraq for. There is no end in sight, except more funding and more troops. That's wrong and G.W. Bush started that mess. If I want my grandkids to pay for something, it's better be something benefiting HOME (yes, that includes the South too, ironically), not Iraq~!

You want to know what your grandkids will pay for? The endless headless war on terror that we keep pumping billions of dollars to Iraq for.

No, they'll be paying for Social Security and Medicare. The promises we've made and not funded dwarf the costs of all of the wars America has fought until this point.

I personally think that Obama is a good fellow and that he promised more than he can deliver. Briefly speaking, he is not liberal enough for me. However, teabagging idiots actually make me like Obama more.

Obama’s strengths far outweigh any concerns people may have about his perceived lack of experience. Throughout his career he has worked in a bi-partisan manner, finding the common ground between opponents that enabled real work to be accomplished. He combines intelligence, experience, passion, and compassion in a way rarely seen in politics today. He has been in Washington long enough to understand the political establishment, but not long enough to become a part of it.

Obama is a good man. He has a good vision for this country. He has just come in at a hard time. He didnt make this mess. Almost 20 years of unregulated markets has created this mess. We need to be patient.

Frankly speaking i admire him very much i feel he is very energetic no matter where he go he always smiles to everyone
he would be a great leader

Obama id a good president and a good person too. Its just that a lot of critics that made his term not that good. Anyway, we can't please everybody. As long as Obama is doing his job, he's great. ;)

Obama is forty fourth president of United States on November 4th, 2008, he is very famous all over the world, most of the people are Obama's big fan, he is the best and the nice president and performing his work more then expectation.

i hadnt put much thought of the first lady's role, but now that you have mentioned it, i would say if its necessary for the future of the nation and its well being, he should divorce wis wife and get some one like elenore!

lol

:D good one.

I believe he ll could have done it if he didnt find the usa in such a mess.
People could talk all the time but I doubt someone could have done better than him ........The country was almost bankrupt...
Obama 's term was meant to be a failure.....
Obama was the right president but at the wrong time.
What kills me most is that people will keep in mind that a black president didnt do well while forgetting that it was impossible based on the legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely critical of Obama, but think about the other options at this point!!!

If he is having trouble right now, can we expect any of the other nitwits who will potentially run against him to do even a little better? I highly doubt it.

Obama is not perfect - he's definitely taken money from the wrong places, he's been too nice by trying to engage the Republicans, and he hasn't kept the fervour of the progressive constituency going.

What I'm hoping is he will relax a little after he is (hopefully, and most probably) re-elected, and go for the more daring promises he made.

He is DEFINITELY not a a communist... there's a good deal of space to his left that he can occupy, and, in my opinion, he should.

That being said, our electoral system is out of sync. We need MAJOR reforms.