What are advantages and disadvantages of USA citizenship

For example a person with US and German dual citizenship, arrives in Amsterdam as a tourist, Presents his US Passport, takes a flight to Germany....is that legal, or violated EU laws?

but the same is not true of the European Union. If you're Romanian or Bulgarian, times are tough in this European Union.

Restrictions are only temporary as it is not recommended that you could allow millions of people who live in an extremely poor country to massively migrate to the UK, Germany, France or Italy.
It has to be gradual, but the final result will be a free labor market.
Having said that, there's a notable barrier that the US don't have: language. It is much tougher for a Latvian to move to France than it is for a Texan to move to New York.

For example a person with US and German dual citizenship, arrives in Amsterdam as a tourist, Presents his US Passport, takes a flight to Germany....is that legal, or violated EU laws?

In theory, that person should have used his German (EU) passport.
Nobody will check his passport on the connecting flight or at the final destination in Germany.

In theory, that person should have used his German (EU) passport.
Nobody will check his passport on the connecting flight or at the final destination in Germany.
It's also very unlikely that an EU passport holder would choose to enter an EU country using a US passport since they'd have to fill in a landing card and join a queue that typically is much longer and slower moving.

It's also very unlikely that an EU passport holder would choose to enter an EU country using a US passport since they'd have to fill in a landing card and join a queue that typically is much longer and slower moving.

I don't recall any landing card for my wife when going to Europe...

I don't recall any landing card for my wife when going to Europe...
Having checked it you are right - it appears to be only the UK and Ireland that require landing cards.

Of course, with reference to the earlier discussion, this is another difference between EU member countries and US states - each country is free to police its borders differently.

Restrictions are only temporary as it is not recommended that you could allow millions of people who live in an extremely poor country to massively migrate to the UK, Germany, France or Italy.
It has to be gradual, but the final result will be a free labor market.
Having said that, there's a notable barrier that the US don't have: language. It is much tougher for a Latvian to move to France than it is for a Texan to move to New York.

I wouldn't classify Romania as "extremely poor." I know that's the official propaganda (and especially in Italy...) used to restrict people's freedom of movement, but, on the other hand, compared to California, Mississippi is pretty poor too but you don't see those kinds of limits imposed. These too, are differences.

I wouldn't classify Romania as "extremely poor." I know that's the official propaganda (and especially in Italy...) used to restrict people's freedom of movement, but, on the other hand, compared to California, Mississippi is pretty poor too but you don't see those kinds of limits imposed. These too, are differences.

My father moved its company to Romania a few years ago (because of ridiculous cheap labor) and took me there several times while I was in college. Believe me, it's poor, extremely poor. Things have got better because of all western european companies moving their production sites and creating jobs but it is still (probably) the poorest of the 27 EU countries. It's unfair to compare it to western european countries, but even if you compare it to Czech Republic, Hungary, even Poland, it is much poorer.

Regarding the propaganda, I don't think it's used to restrict movement of people, it's just common sense. You have a couple of very poor countries. Overnight they become EU members...what do you think it would have happened the day after? Massive emigration, which creates problems to host countries but most of all to those countries which have millions of people leaving. It has to be gradual. In my opinion, you can't compare the US, which has been a united country (same language, same overall culture, same values, same constitution) for some hundreds of years to the EU. Less than 20 years ago its (now) citizens were pointing nuclear weapons to each other...