WES evaluation type - Employment or Immigration

tn43

I have a 4 year bachelors degree in B.Tech (Information Technology) from India and had used WES for evaluating my degree to Canadian equivalency.

1) Can I still use this educational evaluation for TN visa since its a 4 year bachelor degree?
2) If not, I am planning to apply for a new one in WES to convert my Canadian equivalency to US equivalent degree. In this case what should be the primary purpose of the WES evaluation - Should it be employment or immigration ?

I have seen mixed responses where ppl have used Employment or Immigration . So looking for guidance.

From ChatGpt:
When applying for a TN visa, the primary purpose of obtaining an evaluation from World Education Services (WES) is typically for employment purposes rather than immigration. The TN visa is a non-immigrant visa category specifically designed for Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the United States under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provisions.

The evaluation from WES serves to provide an equivalency assessment of your foreign educational credentials in terms of their equivalence to U.S. educational standards. This evaluation helps prospective employers in the United States understand the level of education you've attained and how it compares to U.S. educational qualifications. It's primarily used to demonstrate your eligibility and qualification for the position you're applying for in the U.S. job market.

Therefore, when requesting an evaluation from WES for TN visa purposes, you should indicate that the evaluation is for employment purposes, as this aligns with the intended use of the TN visa category.

I have a 4 year bachelors degree in B.Tech (Information Technology) from India and had used WES for evaluating my degree to Canadian equivalency.

1) Can I still use this educational evaluation for TN visa since its a 4 year bachelor degree?
2) If not, I am planning to apply for a new one in WES to convert my Canadian equivalency to US equivalent degree. In this case what should be the primary purpose of the WES evaluation - Should it be employment or immigration ?

I have seen mixed responses where ppl have used Employment or Immigration . So looking for guidance.

From ChatGpt:
When applying for a TN visa, the primary purpose of obtaining an evaluation from World Education Services (WES) is typically for employment purposes rather than immigration. The TN visa is a non-immigrant visa category specifically designed for Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the United States under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provisions.

The evaluation from WES serves to provide an equivalency assessment of your foreign educational credentials in terms of their equivalence to U.S. educational standards. This evaluation helps prospective employers in the United States understand the level of education you've attained and how it compares to U.S. educational qualifications. It's primarily used to demonstrate your eligibility and qualification for the position you're applying for in the U.S. job market.

Therefore, when requesting an evaluation from WES for TN visa purposes, you should indicate that the evaluation is for employment purposes, as this aligns with the intended use of the TN visa category.

When I did my credentials evaluation through University of Toronto, there were two options to select - Academic or General. I selected General and I have used the evaluation report for 4 of my TNs at the border.

Does WES have only two options - Employment or Immigration? there should be one for Academic as well. For TN purposes, you should probably use Employment category. Immigration should work too. Definitely not Academic purposes.

When I did my credentials evaluation through University of Toronto, there were two options to select - Academic or General. I selected General and I have used the evaluation report for 4 of my TNs at the border.

Does WES have only two options - Employment or Immigration? there should be one for Academic as well. For TN purposes, you should probably use Employment category. Immigration should work too. Definitely not Academic purposes.
Thanks. WES has the below options.
Screenshot_20240127_125654_Chrome.jpg
I think going for Employment should be fine since TN visa type is non immigrant ?

Since one would already have the job when applying for TN, this is for the purpose of securing a status from US immigration authorities, so select immigration.

Since one would already have the job when applying for TN, this is for the purpose of securing a status from US immigration authorities, so select immigration.
Thanks Nelsona. But isn't the below also true ??

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers may review the WES evaluation as part of the TN visa application process when you present yourself at the border or port of entry, the primary purpose of the evaluation itself remains focused on employment rather than immigration.

while the CBP officers do consider the WES evaluation as part of the TN visa application process, the evaluation itself is geared towards demonstrating your qualifications for employment rather than immigration purposes. Therefore, when requesting an evaluation from WES for TN visa purposes, it's appropriate to specify that the evaluation is for employment purposes.

Yes it is ALSO true. You decide.
And when you quote something, please give source.

But the words of anyone who says that because TN in a non-immigrant status, this has nothing to do with immigration, should be taken with a spoonful of salt -- especially AI-generated. Ask Taylor Swift.

Yes it is ALSO true. You decide.
And when you quote something, please give source.

But the words of anyone who says that because TN in a non-immigrant status, this has nothing to do with immigration, should be taken with a spoonful of salt -- especially AI-generated. Ask Taylor Swift.
Thanks Nelsona. I had seen posts where people had given Employment / Immigration and got the WES and TN without issues.

I trust experienced members like you who take the extra time to help newbies like me :)

Real human feedback is ALWAYS better than AI.

Thank you again!

Thanks Nelsona. I had seen posts where people had given Employment / Immigration and got the WES and TN without issues.

I trust experienced members like you who take the extra time to help newbies like me :)

Real human feedback is ALWAYS better than AI.

Thank you again!
Hey, what did you end up selecting ? I am applying now but in the same boat after seeing mixed responses.