Were anyone of you laid off and were out of status for a few weeks before going for new GC process

spulukuru

Registered Users (C)
Were anyone of you laid off and were out of status for a few weeks before going for new GC process. If So please give me some details regarding this issue.
I was laid off by one company and was out of job for about 4 weeks. I did not do any work duriong that time but I was paid severance for those 4 weeks. My currenct employer filed my H1 transfer and then started my GC process. I am in I-140 stage now and my lawyer has applied for CP in 140. It is up to me to go for CP or 485 once my 140 is approved.

Is anyone out there with the same case as mine. If yes plese respond
Thanks in advance
Spulukuru

I was laid off for 2 months as soon as I filed my GC. I didn\'t work at all and has no pay stubs for

were you laid off by one company and then your new employer filed your GC?

If I understood you correctly I think the first company had filed your GC and you were laid off before getting your 485 approved. And 2 months after being laid off you recieved your GC.
Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks in advance

I don\'t understand

You are with a new company with valid H1 and your GC from the new cmpany is in I-140 stage. So why are you bothered about the old company ?.