• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

We Just got married this month

tunde1001

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can some one help us my wife won the lottery she sent the notifcation letter as single and now we are married can she send in another form adding me as her spuose or will doing that disqualify her.

Also we filled yes to that qurstion about the ssn I hope there is no problem ooo

Hi Tunde,
If you have just been married,Your wife will have to send an updated DS-122,DS-230 PartI-II alongside yours(DS-230 PartI-II)with your passport photograph with your marriage Certificate to KCC.

I hope this helps.
Jrcies

If you got married after your entry into the Lottery ( Nov-Dec ), you're fine. A lot of people do it : that's the only way if you want your bf/gf to immigrate with you.
What you were told by jrcies is true : you'll have to send new forms for her ( updated to married ), and for you along with a certificate. A cover letter ( explanation : " we got married ..." ) wouldn't hurt.

I had the same experience. I was the winner and got married after receiving the NL and sending KCC all the completed forms.

I contacted KCC and they emailed me the following:

___________​

Dear Sir or Madam:

INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. A photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate should be provided with completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html. Your spouse and/or eligible children (unmarried and under the age 21) must have the above stated information completed and returned to KCC to make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax.

Kentucky Consular Center Phone: (606) 526 7500

3505 N Highway 25W Fax: (606) 526 7501

Williamsburg, KY 40769 E-mail: KCCDV@state.gov

USA www.travel.state.gov

SLM/KCC

As you can see your spouse only needs to complete DS-230, and not DS-122.

Best of luck

Barbara​

How to know your interview Date

Hello,

Thanks for your reply jrcies I am from Nigeria please my wife number is AF00018XXX.Please what is our chances of getting an appointement letter?I learnt there is a way you can prerdict.

I hope we dint makew a mistake by fiiling yes to the question about our SSN COS WE FILLED YES.

Hope to read from you thanks

How to know your interview Date

Hello,

Thanks for your reply jerci I am from Nigeria please my wife number is AF00018XXX.Please what is our chances of getting an appointement letter?I learnt there is a way you can prerdict.

I hope we dint makew a mistake by fiiling yes to the question about our SSN COS WE FILLED YES.

Hope to read from you thanks

Civil Wedding

Hi Jrcie,

What we did was civil wedding and I am planing our marraige for December maybe I will invite you if u are in Lagos to come and join us for the traditional ceremony.We are not going to Church.\
How far are yopu preparing I ahve met her since 2004 so we are just trying to solve it one after the other.We did our civil on the 6th of July we took 72 pictures at the registry then sent in the status adjustment on the 7th with a copy of our marraige certficate.
How far with you?

Waoo!! I will be more than happy to come along...and yeah..I am in Lagos.
I have sent you a private message...go check it out...

What is going on

Hi I hope all Nigers dey prepare fopr there interview well I wish you all Gooid luck as regards our Number mine is troubling me no be small as the number is AFooo18