Waiting to receive Notice Of Action

fanta1

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take to receive a Notice of Action for I-485, I-130, I-765?
Sent all the forms to Chicago (Febr. 23rd '05) and they are supposed to forward it to the Missouri Service Center. As of today haven't received anything. Please help. I need the Notice of Action. So my son has a status here in the US. Please let me know about your experiences. Thank you!

I sent everything in LA on February 11th, check went through February 26, still no Notice of Action yet.

Several people, including me, mentioned in another thread under the family-based forum that it took approximately one month to receive NOAs from the NBC. I understand the anxiety surrounding the situation as I just experienced the exact same thing.

Here is my timeline to Chicago lockbox;
I-485;I-130;I-765 Receipt date 2/13/05,ND 03/02/05 - Received all three notice from MO in the mail on Sat 2/05/05.
Biometrics completed 2/8/05.

Waiting....................

Wow, the receipt date was 2/13/05, and you received the letters on 2/5/05. I like the speed there. :p

DCGetsGC said:
Here is my timeline to Chicago lockbox;
I-485;I-130;I-765 Receipt date 2/13/05,ND 03/02/05 - Received all three notice from MO in the mail on Sat 2/05/05.
Biometrics completed 2/8/05.

Waiting....................

my apdate

sent package 2 March to Chicago, received next day. 26 March received NOA for EADfrom Missouri and invitation for biometrics. Didn t receive NOA for 130 and 485. Strange I though thay are supposed to come together :confused:

HI:

Finally received NOA!.

Sent Package 02/23/05.
Received NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765 on 03/29/05. They gave me two different "A" numbers. One for the I-485 and one for the 1-131 and I-765. Is that o.k.?

We received different alien #s too.

I went to the Atlanta office this morning, and the information officer said everything was fine. She mentioned that the A number starting with a 0, which is the one on our I-485 NOA, will eventually become the true A number for the green card. The A number starting with a 1, which is the A number on a current F-1 OPT EAD, as well as on the I-765, I-130, I-131 NOAs, is a computer-generated number and will eventually be replaced.

Before this appointment, I talked to two national customer service representatives about these different A numbers. One said go schedule an InfoPass appointment with the local office; one said it was OK.

Looks like the Lockbox is catching up (but what about processing times?)

Sent in my wife's I-485 and I-765 apps on 3/16/05. Delivered to the Lockbox on 3/17/05. Received NOA yesterday for I-485 dated 4/1/05. I-765 returned yesterday with rejection notice (forgot to check a box). E-filed I-765 on 4/4/05. Biometrics appointment for I-485 and I-765set for 4/12/05.

The processing time for the I-485 case says between 120 and 180 days. The processing dates for the DC office on the USCIS site show them working on cases from early last year. Which processing time should I believe?

For AOS (I-485)you should check here http://www.immigration.com/frame/nationalprfr.html on district office.
However the dates are kind of approximately listed. My DO shows May 15. However I sent docs in June,2004, and yesterday had my interview. Afriend of mine sent docs in December, 2004 and got his interview notice for the next month. So you can see, it's more like a line to follow, but not to stick to it.

Further I think their system is becoming better and faster. Most of the stuff are electronically generated. Last month (right before the interview) we changed our address. Sent docs, called the 800 ... It wasn't even 2 weeks when we got the NOA that they updated the address.
And yesterday on the interview(April 5th, the officer confirmed the address has changed). My interview was at 1pm. When we came back home the same day and checked my e-mail around 8pm - I got an e-mail from USCIS taht I-485 was approved and they've ordered me a card.
I can't believe everything was so fast.

Don't get paranoic, just a little patience. If you've applied all the docs required they 'll get to it pretty soon.

my timeline..

We sent my husband's packet in 3/9
Got the Notice of Action Letter 4/1

On the NOA is says that they received it March 17 with a March 31st Notice Date.

Made appointment for my husband's fingerprints and Biometrics today...got one of the last one in Atlanta - 5/21!

Hope that helps!