Waiting for Oath after interview in Fairfax, VA 2016

TPT

Hi:

My interview was on March 10th

Status changed to for wife - We placed you in line for your oath ceremony - On March 15th
No status change for me

Anyone in the same boat, please update so that we can get an idea of when to expect.

Creating this new thread so that we can track everyone in a similar situation.

Do you think it is worth to take a Info pass and inquire why it is taking so long?

Hi TPT,
My interview was on March 8,
Status changed to in line for oath ceremony on March 13,
I'm still waiting for oath letter. :(

I'm not from Fairfax, VA but I am also "in line" for oath... I wonder if all field offices are taking this long or just the Fairfax one? I have no idea what to expect from the Seattle, WA one where I am in line...

I would say on average, the wait is about 2 to 3 months if oath ceremony will be done in court in front of a judge (judiciary).

I live about 3 hours from Memphis (no USCIS office in my town) and my interview was on June 30th of last year in Memphis. After one week, they send me an oath ceremony letter for July 17th in Memphis (non judiciary). So wait from interview to oath ceremony was like 2 1/2 weeks.

But in my own town, there was judiciary oath ceremony in September (about 2 1/2 months after interview date). So if USCIS in Memphis had decided to make my oath judiciary, I had to wait 2 1/2 months instead of waiting only 2 1/2 weeks. If oath ceremony is judicial, I am guessing Judge decide when to hold oath ceremony rather than USCIS.

No name change, so I suppose I'll be scheduled for an administrative oath ceremony. My understanding is for Fairfax, VA office (serves DC and North Virginia) the waiting time up to 3 months is something normal. I found out that Asian-American community at Fairfax county has scheduled an oath ceremony on July 29, 2016 o_O
I'm not an asian-american and hopefully I'll be scheduled for an earlier oath ceremony.

Hi,
Interview Date: March 7th, 2016
Status as of today is(April 27th, 2016):We placed you in line for your oath ceremony - On April 3rd.
Is this location getting delayed or is this normal.

Yesterday April 26, 2016 I receive an e-mail : "We scheduled your oath ceremony"... I'm waiting the letter with the date and the location.

Today April 29, 2016 I received the Notice of Oath Ceremony. Will be on Saturday, May 21. :)
Good luck to everyone!

My Interview Date: March 7th, 2016
Status as of today is(April 27th, 2016):We placed you in line for your oath ceremony - On April 3rd.
Is this location getting delayed or is this normal.

My status is still same.. In line for oath.

My wife interview: March 10th.
Today received oath notice in mail for May 21st.

Finally, status is updated today to :
Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony
We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number xyz. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us.