Waiting for NVC to receive I 140??

sanjay76 said:
I called NVC yesterday.. they say that my Approval was received by them on June 28,04. They said that my attorney will be sent notification within 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt (June 28, 04). They could not give any more details. When asked them the reason as to why the AVM does not acknowledge the receipt of my Approval.. she said because they received the case recently!

I do not know how long it is going to take .. just unbelievable...

I140 Approved: June 22, 04
Service center: Vermont

Please share experiences here.

Thanks.
S

Give a month since I-140 approval to receive the fee bill (usually 5-6 weeks). Check CPtracker.com for a rough estimate. Think you will receive your fee bill next week.

Rashmi

Vinni2004 said:
My I140 approved at Nebraska service center.I40 approval notice says that the approval notice has been forwarded to NVC.Opted for CP at Chennai,India.
NVC still not received my case.Any suggestions?

Thanks

Folks,

For the benefit of others can we please include the date of I-140 approval & the service center.

Am in the same boat as many others. I-140 approved on June 9th 2004 from NSC but NVC has not received my case so far.

Lately there seems to be a distressing trend of delays by NSC!! Hope those of us still waiting for NVC case# will get some positive news this week.

Regards.

IFL

IFL,

How did you know that NVC has not received your case so far?? Did you call them?? If not I would reccommend doing that.. as sometimes they would receive the same and not update their system or have not started working on the file... that is what is happening in my case .. NVC says that they have received the file but have not worked on it ...

S

ifeellucky said:
Folks,

For the benefit of others can we please include the date of I-140 approval & the service center.

Am in the same boat as many others. I-140 approved on June 9th 2004 from NSC but NVC has not received my case so far.

Lately there seems to be a distressing trend of delays by NSC!! Hope those of us still waiting for NVC case# will get some positive news this week.

Regards.

IFL

Still waiting. Have not heard anything from NVC... NVC automated system says case not received... any news for anyone else.. please share experiences...

thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
IFL,

How did you know that NVC has not received your case so far?? Did you call them?? If not I would reccommend doing that.. as sometimes they would receive the same and not update their system or have not started working on the file... that is what is happening in my case .. NVC says that they have received the file but have not worked on it ...

S

Yes, I did contact NVC. They mentoined that they haven't received my case as yet and asked me to contact them after 90 days yada, yada...

NSC seems to have slowed down and so far I haven't heard about any I-140 case approved during this past June or later which has been forwarded to the NVC. Hope they wake-up.

Am willling to send them crates of Red Bull if that's what gets them going.

IFL

Folks,

Just as an update - I checked today morning and the NVC message changed.

It says that my case has been entered in the system on July 15, 04 and that the attorney will be sent a 'notification' within 6-8 weeks! It also gave me a BMB# (NVC generated case#).

Few questions for experienced people. Please respond.

1. I am guessing that by 'notification', NVC means sending the Fee Bill as G-28 (which assigns the attorney to my case) was already sent with my I140. Hence no need for DS3032. Can someone please confirm??

2. Do anyone of you know roughly how many does it takes for NVC to generate the Fee Bill after 'receiving' it in their system? Does it really take 6-8 weeks??? This seems like a long time... Please comment.

Thanks.
S

I140 Approved: June 22, 04.
NVC RD: July 15, 04
Service Center: Vermont

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Boat

Sanjay76
i just updated the other forum
checked the AVM or NVC my case was received on July15th

here are details

AD: June 19th 2004
NVC Recp.Date: July 15th 2004

My guess is that the fee bill should be on the way.
On monday am going to send the 2 335$ check for me and my wife to the attorney office so that he can have it and respond the fee bill the same day he receives.
Any other thoughts to reduce the cycle time.
as soon as the check is sent may be we should get ready to get all the documents preped up for Application.
Share other experiences

/Sada

r_sada said:
Sanjay76
i just updated the other forum
checked the AVM or NVC my case was received on July15th

here are details

AD: June 19th 2004
NVC Recp.Date: July 15th 2004

My guess is that the fee bill should be on the way.
On monday am going to send the 2 335$ check for me and my wife to the attorney office so that he can have it and respond the fee bill the same day he receives.
Any other thoughts to reduce the cycle time.
as soon as the check is sent may be we should get ready to get all the documents preped up for Application.
Share other experiences

/Sada

Congratulations, Sada.

I'm once again making a request for the benefit of others that we please include the date of I-140 approval, the service center and other relevant details.

It helps those who are waiting for their NVC case #s to be created to spot a trend.

Thanks.

IFL

Not sure that I140 approval has gone to NVC?

My case is EB3 and I140 is approved.I opted for CP .Still my status shows like this.It has gone to nvc or not? My message states like this
Please advise whether the I140 approval has gone to NVC

------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 28, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
appan said:
My case is EB3 and I140 is approved.I opted for CP .Still my status shows like this.It has gone to nvc or not? My message states like this
Please advise whether the I140 approval has gone to NVC

------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 28, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Appan,

Get hold of the copy of the approved I-140 from your lawyer. The copy will mention whether the service center will be forwarding your case to NVC or not.

IFL

appan,
You are looking at the USCIS web site for the status that will not change for ever after that.

All you have to do is to contact (Chase) NVC if they recieved your case and what is your case number ??

Thanks

Mine I-140 was approved on July 12 and I called NVC to find out that they have recieved the case on 19th July but the case has not been yet created

Please tell how long it will take to create the case

sachingp said:
Mine I-140 was approved on July 12 and I called NVC to find out that they have recieved the case on 19th July but the case has not been yet created

Please tell how long it will take to create the case
Consider checking http://www.cptracker.com for a sample of dates matching your case. You can get an approximate guideline. Again these will be just guidelines. Do not panic if xyz's case was created in 10 days and yours not. Only advice for you is to just have patience.